Game Suggestions

ultron2099

Breakable environment.

If I'm going to harvest wood while in a building of any kind, how about I break apart a chair, or table, or anything made of wood. Maybe a target harvesting dinner table for salvable wood to burn in fireplace system. Put dot on table, press Z for last thing table will ever be.

Also, why can't we build things. Like a stick. A wooden stick. A wooden stick to beat down the wolf with. I left a building after a good nights sleep and was instantly attacked. Had I a trusty stick (or stabby thing I tentatively name Mr Stabby), that wolf would be in my belly and my back, not yelping away as I bandaged myself.

I'm not saying we should be able to build compound recurve bows or samurai swords, but even primitive man figured out how to create a bow and arrow and everyone has seen enough of them (or should have the concept down!!) that after trial and error we can learn to build one in the game.

Just saying .... crafting .... it's a learnable survival trait when Ragnorok has come a knockin'.

Deer lord the wolves!! They started hunting me waiting for me to leave buildings just so they could get a beating from me. With a flare all I could do is hurt them. TO BAD I COULDN'T USE THAT HUNTING KNIFE I HAD FOUND. Also, I know we can a hatchet some time, how about update .160 includes binding the number 5 key to an object we would like to kill wolves with. Like a knife, or a hatchet. And if your going to make this many wolves this darn aggressive, coding in a way to fight back would be nice. I survived 10 days, I think I was attacked at least 6 times, enough I ran out of bandages and blood to death.

To bad I didn't have any spare cotton or wool to rap around my wounds?!?!

So, update A1.60 ways of making bandages, i will cut up a shirt and boil it if thats what you want!! :)

Enhanced crafting so I can defend myself better. I find rocks. I find metal. I find LOTS of wood. I should be able to make a club or spear ... bow and arrows would be flippin awesome!!

Or even create random survivors. People we compete for resources, but have the know how to fashion and build and repair things we can't learn. Some too valuable to kill but also requires a hunting grounds of his own straining our resources.

We can become the clothes maker of the community. They occasionally need us to repair or craft them replacement clothes, we need them to repair our rifle or fix our can opener.

PS ... why can't we ice fish???

Indoor wood foraging is already in the game.

The knife, tachet, or pry bar are automatically used when striking the wolves.

You do realize the game is in early alpha and no completed yet, right? You should read through the threads and see what discussions are already covered rather than running on a rant of what is being done wrong, or complaining because something hasn't been added [yet]

Bandages can already be made from clothes.

It's been stated from the very beginning that the story mode will have NPC.

Ice fishing has been covered through endless threads as well.

Plain and simple - stop trolling.

Read through 206 topic threads? When would I ever sleep? And I don't mean to sound like I'm ranting. But everything I said was for game suggestions, not for ranting, raving or just general bitching. And I know its alpha, and that's why I titled this thread "Game Suggestions"

As for the auto usage of knife, hatchet, prybar, it didn't notice the animation so I didn't know. sorry.

QUESTION?

HOW do you make bandages?? Because, EVERY time a wolf attacks I ALWAYS need antiseptic and bandages and I am stupidly in need of bandages as their is now a pack hunting me. Well, a pair, but now I have to fight them off with a crowbar and as always I will bleed out everywhere without bandages.

Bandages can be made by harvesting cloth. I always try to carry 1 bandage and keep at least 1 in a fridge or some place I can get to in about 1 minute or less. I would recommend always pre-planning bandages, create some if you have only 2 from cloth. It takes a few min to harvest cloth from any clothing item and a few min to harvest a bandage from cloth, each of those min will cost you condition%.

Some good ideas above.. I like the ice fishing idea, so far I've died twice to falling through ice so there has to be water under that ice. No fishing poles yet though. Have to be patient with the development. They are only on version 1.56 and still putting together core modules. The changes from the earlier builds though are progressing nicely. Keep bringing your ideas forward for discussion. Don't mind Bill I suspect he doesn't get laid much, unless he pays for it.

FBJ

I have ranked a few dangers in the current build 1.56...

Instantly lethal...

Falling through ice,

Wolf attack by 2 wolves (Yea you're fucked)

Food Poisoning without antibiotics (lethal with-in 12 hours, have never survived this yet in current build.)

You lose condition while conscious, so get to sleep after taking antibiotics to reduce condition loss, this mechanic is currently being reviewed as it appears to be broken/not functioning as intended.

Usually lethal (Highly dangerous)

Wolf attack by 1 wolf without a weapon at or below 60% condition

Moving encumbered by fatigue or weight + sprained ankle

Survivable but Dangerous

Wolf attack by 1 wolf with a weapon or under 80% condition

Dangerous

Moving encumbered by fatigue

Moving encumbered by weight

Moving with sprained ankle

Bad conditions but survivable (lengths approximate)

Trauma (Bleeding 1%/min Survivable for less than an hour) usually coupled with reduced condition from wolf attack.

Starvation (1%/hour survivable for 4 days) As time goes on fatigue increases faster as condition drops compounding danger

Freezing (survivable Less than 4 hours) depends on getting a fire going, keeping it going, finding a place of temporary shelter and warming up, can be remedied fairly easily

Thirst (1 day) Easily remedied, by foraging for fuel, starting a fire, melting snow, boiling water, drinking water)

Keep bringing your ideas forward for discussion. Don't mind Bill I suspect he doesn't get laid much, unless he pays for it.

I'll assume you were trying to be humorous and not soliciting for your phone sex services you kept linking to when you first arrived on the board.

The frustration was because of the tone of the original posts -- ALL CAP snarky remarks, extensive use of exclamations, and even the condescending tone in wording...

I agree, I may have misinterpreted the intentions as there is no vocal tone to adjust the intended meaning -- so all I could go by was the ALL CAP shouting and excessive ! throughout the sentences... plus the fact that most of the 'lacking' complains were already in the game

Too bad I can't just light a flare and toss it at them. Animals do not like fire, and a flying flare should terrify them.

I'll just hold out in the Gas Station/Garage until 1.6 comes out. Hopefully between the current 1.56 and then, they will have found a way to save me :)

Bill you do sound like an X-GF complaining about tone of a text. There is no tone in text unless, you the reader infers it.

Of course I was being humorous. Not everybody communicates with a Masters Degree in online netiquette, you'd do well to understand that.

OP was bringing forth his ideas and suggestions for improvement in Alpha Test player feedback.

I linked to my website a single time when I joined because it says list your website. When you say I "kept linking to" you obviously mean that one single time upon signup where I did list my website correct? Because the fact of the matter is when I was informed that it was considered an "adult website" therefore against the rules, I have not re-linked to it.

If you are deriving frustration at 1am from an online post on a webforum for an alpha game on a weekday sir you might want to re-evaluate your life choices.

FBJ

Don't mind Bill I suspect he doesn't get laid much, unless he pays for it.

I find this remark very disrespectful and uncalled for.

Bill has already explained why he responded the way he did but I'd like to add that it's very frustrating to see people suggest the same idea's over and over again. It's not that hard to use the search function and if one would bother to use said search function it wouldn't be necessary to suggest features that are already planned or even already implemented.

If someone gets a bit frustrated for reading yet another post suggesting the same features again, please don't take that personal. And more importantly, don't make it personal by attacking that person. Please try and maintain some level of common decency. Thank you.

Bill you do sound like an X-GF complaining about tone of a text. There is no tone in text unless, you the reader infers it.

And again it is apparently necessary to start with an insult. That's really not a great way to have a mature discussion with someone.

Of course there is tone in a text. This:

...TO BAD I COULDN'T USE THAT HUNTING KNIFE I HAD FOUND...

...To bad I didn't have any spare cotton or wool to rap around my wounds?!?!...

comes across very differently from:

...It would have been nice to be able to use that hunting knife I had found...

...To bad I didn't have any spare cotton or wool to rap around my wounds!...

That's called "tone". It's as much about how the reader interprets the text as it is about what the writer implies in that text.

If you want to have a normal conversation with someone face to face, it's probably a good idea not to shout in his face. The same is true when communicating on a forum. Using all caps is considered the equivalent of shouting, so it's probably a good idea not to do that.

And yes, I get that in this case the OP was using the all caps to emphasize a portion of the text. And if that was the only thing in the post it would probably have been interpreted as just that, but the excessive use of exclamation marks and the sarcastic undertone of the post together with the all caps make the whole post come across as a rant. (@ultron2099 it's not my intention to make this about you personally, so I apologize if it does seem that way. Just using this as an example as it's in this thread.)

Of course I was being humorous. Not everybody communicates with a Masters Degree in online netiquette, you'd do well to understand that.

Can't say that it was clear to me that you were being humorous, nor do I find it very funny.

OP was bringing forth his ideas and suggestions for improvement in Alpha Test player feedback

Yes he was, and it's a good thing when people want to give their feedback to help make this great game even better. But on the other hand is it not very useful to suggest features that are already implemented. A quick search would tell you this and save everyone some time and quite possibly some frustration as well.

If you are deriving frustration at 1am from an online post on a webforum for an alpha game on a weekday sir you might want to re-evaluate your life choices.
If someone wants to read the forums at 1 am, that's their choice. Maybe he just got home from working a late shift, maybe he has the week off and enjoys spending his time on TLD and just maybe he's a night person. What does that matter?

Not trying to step on anyones toes here, just trying to explain the situation and kindly asking everyone to keep it civil.

Alright, now that I have that out of the way, let's get back on topic.

Breakable environment.

If I'm going to harvest wood while in a building of any kind, how about I break apart a chair, or table, or anything made of wood. Maybe a target harvesting dinner table for salvable wood to burn in fireplace system. Put dot on table, press Z for last thing table will ever be.

Also, why can't we build things. Like a stick. A wooden stick. A wooden stick to beat down the wolf with. I left a building after a good nights sleep and was instantly attacked. Had I a trusty stick (or stabby thing I tentatively name Mr Stabby), that wolf would be in my belly and my back, not yelping away as I bandaged myself.

I'm not saying we should be able to build compound recurve bows or samurai swords, but even primitive man figured out how to create a bow and arrow and everyone has seen enough of them (or should have the concept down!!) that after trial and error we can learn to build one in the game.

Just saying .... crafting .... it's a learnable survival trait when Ragnorok has come a knockin'.

Breakable environment would be nice, but also takes a lot of effort to implement (mulitple models for everything, physics implementation etc). Right now the main effort is still on building the core mechanics as the game is still in a early stage. This may very well be implemented later on, but TLD is being developed by a relatively small team with a relatively small budget so I wouldn't get my hopes up too much.

Crafting is a work in progress. Crafting snares is just implemented with the October updates and more craftable items will be added in the future. More and craftable weapons have been a topic of debate for as long as there have been people playing TLD and at least some will probably be added. Right now there are 3 weapons you can use in a melee fight with a wolf: hunting knife, hatchet and prybar (in that order of best to worst). A stick made from a piece of firewood (fir or cedar) would be a nice addition that could help fill the gap between when you just started a new game and finding a better weapon.

Also, if you are carrying the knife and don't build up strength (using the left mouse button) you won't kill the wolf. On the other hand, it's possible to kill a wolf in just a few punches by building up strength before hitting while using no weapon at all (although I wouldn't recommend trying it because it can cost you quite a bit of your condition).

Spears and bows and arrows have been suggested quite a few times already and are being considered by the devs.

Deer lord the wolves!! They started hunting me waiting for me to leave buildings just so they could get a beating from me. With a flare all I could do is hurt them. TO BAD I COULDN'T USE THAT HUNTING KNIFE I HAD FOUND. Also, I know we can a hatchet some time, how about update .160 includes binding the number 5 key to an object we would like to kill wolves with. Like a knife, or a hatchet. And if your going to make this many wolves this darn aggressive, coding in a way to fight back would be nice. I survived 10 days, I think I was attacked at least 6 times, enough I ran out of bandages and blood to death.

To bad I didn't have any spare cotton or wool to rap around my wounds?!?!

So, update A1.60 ways of making bandages, i will cut up a shirt and boil it if thats what you want!! :)

Enhanced crafting so I can defend myself better. I find rocks. I find metal. I find LOTS of wood. I should be able to make a club or spear ... bow and arrows would be flippin awesome!!

Or even create random survivors. People we compete for resources, but have the know how to fashion and build and repair things we can't learn. Some too valuable to kill but also requires a hunting grounds of his own straining our resources.

We can become the clothes maker of the community. They occasionally need us to repair or craft them replacement clothes, we need them to repair our rifle or fix our can opener.

PS ... why can't we ice fish???

Yes, the wolves are a great pain in the butt until you learn how to deal with them effectively. As a bit of advise: it's probably a good idea to stay out of the town on the Coastal Highway map until you've learned how to deal with wolves. In the town there are usually 2 wolves and they can jump you immediately when you exit a house if they are close enough.

The game automatically uses the best weapon you have when fighting a wolf. This is not displayed in the animation, but is displayed somewhere on the screen as an icon I believe. Although that's very easy to miss when you're concentrating on fighting the wolf :)

You can harvest clothing for cloth and cloth for bandages. You get 2 bandages for each cloth.

NPC's will be in the story mode and possibly they will also be added to the sandbox later on.

Ice fishing is already planned.

Read through 206 topic threads? When would I ever sleep? And I don't mean to sound like I'm ranting. But everything I said was for game suggestions, not for ranting, raving or just general bitching. And I know its alpha, and that's why I titled this thread "Game Suggestions"

As for the auto usage of knife, hatchet, prybar, it didn't notice the animation so I didn't know. sorry.

Although I have read just about every post that has been made in the past year and quite a few posted before that, I don't expect everyone to do the same.

But there is a search function you could use at the top of the page. Search for "fishing" and you would know it has been a topic for debate for quite a while already. Search for "make bandage" and the last post on the first page would have told you this is already in the game and how to do it.

I'm sure you can understand peoples frustration when the xxth person suggests these things yet again. Although I agree that Bill could have voiced his response a little nicer, that was also due to a misunderstanding on his part. That can happen, we are only humans after all and communicating through a text only medium like a forum makes it sometimes hard to convey our true and complete meaning.

FoneBoneJay already did a good job on explaining how to make bandages, so I'm not going to cover that again.

I have ranked a few dangers in the current build 1.56...

Instantly lethal...

Falling through ice,

Wolf attack by 2 wolves (Yea you're fucked)

Food Poisoning without antibiotics (lethal with-in 12 hours, have never survived this yet in current build.)

You lose condition while conscious, so get to sleep after taking antibiotics to reduce condition loss, this mechanic is currently being reviewed as it appears to be broken/not functioning as intended.

Usually lethal (Highly dangerous)

Wolf attack by 1 wolf without a weapon at or below 60% condition

Moving encumbered by fatigue or weight + sprained ankle

Survivable but Dangerous

Wolf attack by 1 wolf with a weapon or under 80% condition

Dangerous

Moving encumbered by fatigue

Moving encumbered by weight

Moving with sprained ankle

Bad conditions but survivable (lengths approximate)

Trauma (Bleeding 1%/min Survivable for less than an hour) usually coupled with reduced condition from wolf attack.

Starvation (1%/hour survivable for 4 days) As time goes on fatigue increases faster as condition drops compounding danger

Freezing (survivable Less than 4 hours) depends on getting a fire going, keeping it going, finding a place of temporary shelter and warming up, can be remedied fairly easily

Thirst (1 day) Easily remedied, by foraging for fuel, starting a fire, melting snow, boiling water, drinking water)

Actually, the only thing that is instantly lethal is falling through the ice. Tip: Don't go past the two main islands (misanthrope's mansion and jackrabbit island) and you won't fall through the ice. The devs already have planned something better for this. It was released the way it is now because they wanted to release the Coastal Highway map with the October updates and the thin ice is the border of the map. Implementing a better mechanism would have meant delaying the release of the map.

There are people who fight 3-4 wolves in a row intentionally before healing back up. I've never tried that myself, but I did survive a double wolf attack while I was already at 63% and walked away from that with 45% remaining. I used to think wolves were very difficult to deal with but I don't think so anymore. They are a pain yes, but they can be avoided most of the time and when you do need to fight one, just smashing the right mouse button will get them off quickly most of the time.

Food poisoning is indeed a bit too lethal but like you said that's being worked on.

Moving while encumbered by fatigue or weight + sprained ankle is something you may want to avoid, yes. So try to avoid it. Carry painkillers (if you have any) and drop some stuff if you are encumbered, get to a bed and sleep. I tend to think that this is by design.

Too bad I can't just light a flare and toss it at them. Animals do not like fire, and a flying flare should terrify them.

I'll just hold out in the Gas Station/Garage until 1.6 comes out. Hopefully between the current 1.56 and then, they will have found a way to save me :)

You can light a flare and throw it at the wolves... Press 1 to equip a flare. Hold the left mouse button to light it. Once lit, use the right mouse button to throw it. You can't throw it very far though, so you'll probably need to do this a few times to get a feeling for it. Also, you can throw unlit flares and you can also pick flares up after you throw them (both lit and unlit or burned out). But do remember that flares are not 100% effective against wolves.

Also, you can drop decoys to try and get wolves of your trail by pressing 4. The game automatically selects the best decoy. Most food items and guts can be used as decoys.

Personally, I'd try to get the hell out of the town and take up residence at a place that has less wolves. On the other hand, the next update should be this week, so you may want to hang in there. But I wouldn't expect some great new way to chase wolves off.

That's called "tone". It's as much about how the reader interprets the text as it is about what the writer implies in that text.

If you want to have a normal conversation with someone face to face, it's probably a good idea not to shout in his face. The same is true when communicating on a forum. Using all caps is considered the equivalent of shouting, so it's probably a good idea not to do that.

I was going for snarky. Which is a more a light hearted sarcastic with a twist of irony. A whimsical sarcastic ironic statement. Such as "Sure hate to have a gun weigh me down what with all this ammo I'm carrying!!"

As for all caps. I used them to emphasize special attention to that sentence or word. I could try and make the text blink in annoying flashing colors, or try to try ... but hitting shift was easier.

GAME SUGGESTION:

Jumping :)

And as for the devs reading multiple people making the same suggestion multiple times. I don't care. to me, that tells them that more then one person is thinking it, and even if they have already, gives them a gauge on how many other people are thinking it. REPETITION ... its a tool in moderation. So hopefully ten new topics don't pop up saying 'Give me a Louisville Slugger!!"

And Jumping! :)

Breakable environment.

Breakable environment would be nice, but also takes a lot of effort to implement (multiple models for everything, physics implementation etc). Right now the main effort is still on building the core mechanics as the game is still in a early stage. This may very well be implemented later on, but TLD is being developed by a relatively small team with a relatively small budget so I wouldn't get my hopes up too much.

Breakable environment.

My fault. Alpha, I should have clarified. And why doesn't anyone notice i'm not asking 1.57 to fix everything, i'm asking for 1.6 to have some of this. We are on 1.56, that leaves 1.57 1.58 1.59 to just think about what my thread has been saying.

And back to the breakable environment. Let me see things DISAPPEAR. Like a table or a chair or a dresser drawer. I salvage wood, a chair goes missing. that sort of thing. watching me smash apart a chair, unimportant. me having an effect on my environment as i manipulate it, reassures me that i'm not still plugged into the matrix.

FREE YOUR MIND .... :)

Don't mind Bill I suspect he doesn't get laid much, unless he pays for it.

I find this remark very disrespectful and uncalled for.

Bill has already explained why he responded the way he did but I'd like to add that it's very frustrating to see people suggest the same idea's over and over again. It's not that hard to use the search function and if one would bother to use said search function it wouldn't be necessary to suggest features that are already planned or even already implemented.

If someone gets a bit frustrated for reading yet another post suggesting the same features again, please don't take that personal. And more importantly, don't make it personal by attacking that person. Please try and maintain some level of common decency. Thank you.

And again it is apparently necessary to start with an insult. That's really not a great way to have a mature discussion with someone.

And yes, I get that in this case the OP was using the all caps to emphasize a portion of the text. And if that was the only thing in the post it would probably have been interpreted as just that, but the excessive use of exclamation marks and the sarcastic undertone of the post together with the all caps make the whole post come across as a rant. (@ultron2099 it's not my intention to make this about you personally, so I apologize if it does seem that way. Just using this as an example as it's in this thread.)

Can't say that it was clear to me that you were being humorous, nor do I find it very funny.

OP was bringing forth his ideas and suggestions for improvement in Alpha Test player feedback

Yes he was, and it's a good thing when people want to give their feedback to help make this great game even better. But on the other hand is it not very useful to suggest features that are already implemented. A quick search would tell you this and save everyone some time and quite possibly some frustration as well.

If someone wants to read the forums at 1 am, that's their choice. Maybe he just got home from working a late shift, maybe he has the week off and enjoys spending his time on TLD and just maybe he's a night person. What does that matter?

Not trying to step on anyones toes here, just trying to explain the situation and kindly asking everyone to keep it civil.

Insulting or rude wasn't meant for you. Sorry you were offended. Can't take it don't dish it out. I have a problem with a guy 4 posts into the community being completely shut down by someone who's been here for awhile over "frustration". The topic is legit, the forum is the right place for the feedback, the community needs to express ideas. If they are repeated then so what? Here's what, the designers elevate popular ideas. Free market research. None of his ideas are off topic of irrelevant.

Being told to stop trolling on your 4th post is pretty blatant. If you want to call my comments uncalled, for fine I'm what you call your Alpha Male Top, not a bottom I wont be losing any sleep.

Bill and I agree on some things, just yesterday we reached consensus on leader boards and how they should be a B priority and not an A priority. Adjusting snare "gut" mechanics, fixing the broken food poison mechanic, and adding new features such as a bow and arrow mechanic and maybe some physics with that are all valid ideas. Ice fishing is also popular because it is how people survive in some climates in Canada and Alaska. It is much less risky that hunting wolves. Those are more important than an official leaderboard.

The wolves are a bit much right now. They are also a primary threat, but you can deal with them. Running up against 3 or 4 is very risky. It is not possible to do that simultaneously, sequentially sure, under the right circumstances, but I haven't figured that out yet. I know that if you get attacked by two simultaneously I have not survived that a single time yet. I do not mean to say it is impossible, but I haven't figured it out.

Calling someone a troll because you think he's trolling (even though you're wrong) is on a completely different scale than making unfounded remarks on someone sex life if you ask me.

I agree that it's not fair to call someone who is new to the forum and just trying to add his 2 cents to the mix to be told to stop trolling. So yes, Bill could have been a little more friendly in his post. But the way you called him out on that didn't exactly help the situation either. If you'd just told him the OP was just trying to share his thoughts and there was no reason to call him a troll, that would have probably been the end of that. Now it resulted in quite a few off-topic posts cluttering up this thread, including a very long one by me.

Off course it's a good thing if a lot off people share their thoughts on a certain topic. It doesn't hurt if the 100th person comes along and says he'd like to see ice fishing in the game. That only tells the devs that a lot of people want that feature. But if you want to help the devs make a better game it would be far more helpful if everyone who wants ice fishing said so in 1 thread called ice fishing instead of in 100 threads called my suggestions. It's also a lot easier to discus ice fishing together in 1 thread instead of having the same discussion in multiple threads that also have discussions about other topics going on in the same thread.

The more threads that are started on the same topics, the more time the devs need to read and keep track of them. We don't want to read through 206 threads ourselves, but we don't mind creating another one for the devs and expect them to read every single one of them. And yes, that's part of their jobs and it's the feedback they've asked of us, but the better we are able to present them the feedback in a organized manner, the less time they need to spend sifting through the rubbish to find the pearls and the more time they can spend implementing the pearls.

As for the wolves, I get that a lot of people find them a bit too much. They can be an absolute pain, but I find them manageable. In my current run I've been attacked by wolves 5 times. 3 of those times because I let the wolf attack me so that leaves 2 unwanted attacks. That's about 1 unwanted attack every 70 days.

I didn't call him a troll. Bill did. End of.

I was joking about his inability to handle the text it was late at nite and it was a joke.

I have apologized for offending you have you noted my comments weren't even directed at you.

Looking for a little respect for us not as verbose as you guys to have a say to, please and thank you.

I accept your apology. Should have said so in my previous post. I know your remark wasn't at me but at Bill, but I don't like reading such things even if they are directed at someone else. I understand now that it was meant as a joke.

I know Bill's the one who called the OP a troll. I was trying to say I didn't think Bill's trolling comment was on par with your remark.

I'm not quite sure what to make of that last sentence. But if you mean everyone should be treated with respect and everyone should be allowed to have their say, I couldn't agree with you more. I already have the tendency to be long-winded, especially when expressing myself through a text only medium, and the fact that I'm not a native English speaker only makes that worse because I tend to use more words to try and convey my meaning fully. I'm sorry if I write too much. (Hm, even in my apology about writing too much, I write too much...)

And now that Doctor Phil has left the building, emotional scars have healed, and the hugging has ended.

BACK to Suggestions, with your snarkiest host, ME! :)

If the Devs don't want to hear the 100th person put forth a suggestion of ice fishing, then how about cordon off a section of the forum for DEV IDEAS and post up ICE FISHING and other things and then instead of trolling through endless forum posts they have just what they want right there for us to comment and speculate on the topic they want to update themselves on.

And speaking of ICE FISHING :ugeek: hats should be put on on how we can ice fish in a open cabin with wolves everywhere wanting to take a bite out of our juicy tender hot *tastes like chicken* flesh. Somehow we would have to erect a door like barrier to keep them out while we fish. And carry said barrier from work bench to fishing hut. Oi!! :twisted:

Not going to take a side in the issue, but Bill when I read little joke I thought " deserved!". You were the one that started it.

You called for it when you ended your post "stop trolling". What did you expect after that.

I mean you did not mean harm nor did the OP. My advice is, don't talk to people in a condescending matter that will certainly piss them off, and then complain about others doing domething that pisses you off. It also complicates communication don't understand a simple joke.

Sorry el loco (and I do like your many intelligent posts very much) but that is absolute bullshit. The way how somebody talks is his/her business, and here you are way off line, as was BillMrMVP. You both come across like some snobs who think that this way is actually superior to others. It isn't, in fact often people who always talk like that don't get to the issue, and seem to expect others to say shit smells of roses. The exGF remark was spot on as everyone of us knows some women who are like that.

@ultron 2099, don't let people with fotos avatars tell you how to express yourself. I say right on, keep talking!

PS. Sorry now I do take a side in the issue, sorry for contradicting myself. ;)

Not going to take a side in the issue, but Bill when I read little joke I thought " deserved!". You were the one that started it.

The whole reason I mentioned "trolling" was because the post was very snarky towards the devs -- and the majority of the material already was in the game.

It's not repeating stuff that's already in numerous other posts so mush -- it was the snarkiness [and again the OP later said they intended it be be snarky].

If you look around, the OP later politely asked about some of the issues they thought were missing originally, and I responded politely answering, as did others as well.

If this thread is going to cause so much concern for everybody [if you notice most of us who originally argued with each other have moved on from the issue and had other conversations in the forum in agreement with each other], then I can simply have the thread deleted.

I think (at least as far as I know) the OP, Fone, and myself have already moved beyond this thread and the tempers since everything was posted.

I have no idea what the fuss is about.

99% of companies have threads deleted if they don't like something but it's usually a sign of bad things to come.

So plz don't threaten with deletion just because someone did make a joke about you.

Just to remind Raphael once wrote GTFO at the end of his post and everyone thought it was brilliant.

And I am back with more suggestions following game play. I have survived now for over 15 days. Thank you.

Couple things:

WEIGHT TRAINING. Seeing as I am often running around exceeding my capacity but paying attention to properly rest, feed, and stay hydrated (not to mention proper care of clothing and supplies) as time goes by and your carrying such heavy loads, your ability to care more should also increase. AKA you become leaner and meaner. All that running around and carrying extra weights should buff us up.

ex. I run around all day with seventy pounds load on and my capacity is 66 pounds, then next day iv'e gotten a little extra toned muscle, maybe i can do 66.1 pounds. that would give game mechanics me running around for ten days with excessive weight on my pack to go carrying 67 pounds. i survive a month doing this i could be carrying 69 pounds before encumberance. Also other things could impact this, like chopping up hard wood outdoors. chop up 10 logs and your strength goes up .1 pounds. After 100 fir firewood have been harvested, I find i can now lift an extra pound. And caps cap be in place. After reaching 75 strength chopping wood has no effect. So as a survivor, i run around with excess weight in my packs for 3 weeks and chop up 100 fir firewood, my strength that month would go from a carry capacity of 66 pounds to 70 pounds! :)

BEDROLL. The capacity to create a replacement bedroll either out of all cotton or a a combination of cotton and leather would be nice. Instead of carrying the thing with me I put it away and decided to hit a bunch of houses (which all have beds). During my exploits I was in a storm freezing and stopped at a shack to start up the potbelly stove for warm. Not creating enough heat and to keep wolves out and it was late I started a fire at the entrance. Then I stoked both of them up to over 10 hours of burning time. Then I realized i had to bedroll and couldn't sleep!! So perhaps the ability to make another bedroll, or elect to just sleep on the floor (i've done that in real life, along with in a car and on the floor of a car .. during wisconsin winter, so it can be done)

RIFLE (Bow & Arrow) TRAINING: Every successful hit on a wolf or deer (or rabbit), our ability to keep steady, to see clearly down the barrel and target the prey (perhaps to channel a bullet time event) all improve by 1 percent. Say at 80% we gain the ability to track a target (or slow things down to improve our chances for accuracy). It would be really useful for when you bring out bows & arrows, and at that point you could adjust the system. From 50 to 70 percent one good shot equals 1 percent increase, from 70 to 80 it takes two shots for 1 percent, 80 to 90 it takes 5 shots per percent. From 90 to 95 percent every 10 shots gets you a percent increase. After that, well, there is always the chance for error.

CRAFTING SYSTEM (LEARNING): A cool idea for the future, if we could take clothes and instead of harvesting them, reverse engineer them. Learn how to make them from raw material. So that in the future game we take apart Jeans and we learn a percentage how to make them. Do it a couple more times and we have a blueprint idea how to create jeans or cargo pants or anything else for other players. (ASSUMING NPCs and maybe live players will eventually all interact with one another in an online game) And this can be grouped somewhat. Like if i learn jeans, i've already mastered also 78% of cargo pants. I learn shoes and now i know 40 percent boots and 30 percent work boots and 25 percent insulated boots.

WATER: Since we can take it out of toilets, and water is safe in there, why cant we also empty it back into toilets?

RAW FOOD: I accidentaly ate raw food when i thought i was eating cooked food. perhaps color coding food, like everything over 50 percent green, probably good but maybe bad food yellow, and raw meats red.

MAIN MENU: Bottom left screen, your words are white on white background :(

Backpack menu: Can't find a specific pattern to it, but the settings i have switch often from weighted to alphabetic, and sometimes even from food or clothes to all.

Archived