Game Suggestions

ultron2099

Congrats on the 15 days! :)

I agree that we should be able to create more bedrolls, but then we should also be able to harvest bedrolls.

I think the devs are planning to add crafting new clothes (I remember a post about something in that nature), although I don't think they have anything planned for reverse engineering existing clothes to figure out how to make them. Could be a nice touch.

I don't think they ever envisioned someone wanting to put the water back into the toilet. But I guess it should be possible.

You should be able to use a prybar as a weapon against wolves. Would be nice to animate holding a knife or prybar and visually swing it like in fps games. It would make it more real to actually see me wielding a knife and not just have the screen tell me I'm attacking the wolf with a knife. And it would give me more of a sense that I'm winning a fight than just waiting for the wolf to run off after I've mashed the mouse button enough times.

You should be able to use a prybar as a weapon against wolves. Would be nice to animate holding a knife or prybar and visually swing it like in fps games. It would make it more real to actually see me wielding a knife and not just have the screen tell me I'm attacking the wolf with a knife. And it would give me more of a sense that I'm winning a fight than just waiting for the wolf to run off after I've mashed the mouse button enough times.

I believe that having a pry-bar in your backpack improves your odds against a wolf. But I like your idea. I hear they are planning to implement new ways to defend yourself against wolves. Maybe they will approach it like that.

This next bit is more of an observational note.

There is no way that so many houses and lodges for workers in Canada would not have a source of heat in them.

If your goal is to remove any chance of cooking food or water without stepping outside to set a fire, then may I suggest setting up a central generator room with lines running from it to buildings. Then just make it so that either the generator doesn't work because it has modern electronics in it that were blown, or its completely out of fuel. But there are too many groups of buildings that have no power lines or means of heating them that people were expected to have stayed in.

You can use the prybar against wolves. You will automatically use the best weapon in your inventory in the order of knife, hatchet and prybar. An animation reflecting this would indeed be nice.

There is no way that so many houses and lodges for workers in Canada would not have a source of heat in them.

If your goal is to remove any chance of cooking food or water without stepping outside to set a fire, then may I suggest setting up a central generator room with lines running from it to buildings. Then just make it so that either the generator doesn't work because it has modern electronics in it that were blown, or its completely out of fuel. But there are too many groups of buildings that have no power lines or means of heating them that people were expected to have stayed in.

Yeah it strikes me as odd too that these houses don't have any heat source. I doubt that the people would want to live in a house that's -1C all the time. Some non functioning heat sources (electrical for instance) would be nice.

And I am back with more suggestions following game play. I have survived now for over 15 days. Thank you.

Couple things:

WEIGHT TRAINING. Seeing as I am often running around exceeding my capacity but paying attention to properly rest, feed, and stay hydrated (not to mention proper care of clothing and supplies) as time goes by and your carrying such heavy loads, your ability to care more should also increase. AKA you become leaner and meaner. All that running around and carrying extra weights should buff us up.

ex. I run around all day with seventy pounds load on and my capacity is 66 pounds, then next day iv'e gotten a little extra toned muscle, maybe i can do 66.1 pounds. that would give game mechanics me running around for ten days with excessive weight on my pack to go carrying 67 pounds. i survive a month doing this i could be carrying 69 pounds before encumberance. Also other things could impact this, like chopping up hard wood outdoors. chop up 10 logs and your strength goes up .1 pounds. After 100 fir firewood have been harvested, I find i can now lift an extra pound. And caps cap be in place. After reaching 75 strength chopping wood has no effect. So as a survivor, i run around with excess weight in my packs for 3 weeks and chop up 100 fir firewood, my strength that month would go from a carry capacity of 66 pounds to 70 pounds! :)

BEDROLL. The capacity to create a replacement bedroll either out of all cotton or a a combination of cotton and leather would be nice. Instead of carrying the thing with me I put it away and decided to hit a bunch of houses (which all have beds). During my exploits I was in a storm freezing and stopped at a shack to start up the potbelly stove for warm. Not creating enough heat and to keep wolves out and it was late I started a fire at the entrance. Then I stoked both of them up to over 10 hours of burning time. Then I realized i had to bedroll and couldn't sleep!! So perhaps the ability to make another bedroll, or elect to just sleep on the floor (i've done that in real life, along with in a car and on the floor of a car .. during wisconsin winter, so it can be done)

RIFLE (Bow & Arrow) TRAINING: Every successful hit on a wolf or deer (or rabbit), our ability to keep steady, to see clearly down the barrel and target the prey (perhaps to channel a bullet time event) all improve by 1 percent. Say at 80% we gain the ability to track a target (or slow things down to improve our chances for accuracy). It would be really useful for when you bring out bows & arrows, and at that point you could adjust the system. From 50 to 70 percent one good shot equals 1 percent increase, from 70 to 80 it takes two shots for 1 percent, 80 to 90 it takes 5 shots per percent. From 90 to 95 percent every 10 shots gets you a percent increase. After that, well, there is always the chance for error.

CRAFTING SYSTEM (LEARNING): A cool idea for the future, if we could take clothes and instead of harvesting them, reverse engineer them. Learn how to make them from raw material. So that in the future game we take apart Jeans and we learn a percentage how to make them. Do it a couple more times and we have a blueprint idea how to create jeans or cargo pants or anything else for other players. (ASSUMING NPCs and maybe live players will eventually all interact with one another in an online game) And this can be grouped somewhat. Like if i learn jeans, i've already mastered also 78% of cargo pants. I learn shoes and now i know 40 percent boots and 30 percent work boots and 25 percent insulated boots.

WATER: Since we can take it out of toilets, and water is safe in there, why cant we also empty it back into toilets?

RAW FOOD: I accidentaly ate raw food when i thought i was eating cooked food. perhaps color coding food, like everything over 50 percent green, probably good but maybe bad food yellow, and raw meats red.

MAIN MENU: Bottom left screen, your words are white on white background :(

Backpack menu: Can't find a specific pattern to it, but the settings i have switch often from weighted to alphabetic, and sometimes even from food or clothes to all.

I always favor color codes so yes on that. I have consumed unsafe water myself rather than potable on accident. Color code would have probably prevented this. Yes sometimes the words are white on a white and there is no mechanism to prevent that at present. It's alpha I am sure that art dept will work to fix that.

I never tried storing water in the toilet but that would be kool. I always consolidate my supplies in the fridge/freezer.

+100000 to Bow and Arrow. :) Next update please :) Christmas is coming, I haven't been that good this year but oh well :)

Congrats on the 15 days! :)

I agree that we should be able to create more bedrolls, but then we should also be able to harvest bedrolls.

I think the devs are planning to add crafting new clothes (I remember a post about something in that nature), although I don't think they have anything planned for reverse engineering existing clothes to figure out how to make them. Could be a nice touch.

I don't think they ever envisioned someone wanting to put the water back into the toilet. But I guess it should be possible.

I definitely support the ability to create this. I see lots of foam bedding type stuff in the trailers and cabins on the beds, we should be able to tear that open and create a bedroll out of that material with about 12-24 hours of sewing invested. Obviously this might need to be broken up into a crafted material you make in stages.

I think most of the homes in this right now are summer homes. If they aren't summer homes then they are propane heated in some examples or fireplace wood burn heated.

TENTS!! I want to be able to find or create tents. Putting up a tent would help keep us even warmer and assist in healing or recovering at night as it helps further trap body heat in a semi enclosed place. Obviously not well insulated, but on the other hand any barrier is better then no wind barrier. We can fashion crude ones out of wood and animal leather! :geek:

PS ... this small coastal town should really have a sheriff. With a left over rifle. All this ammunition and I'm fighting them off with knives. I've got a knife and hatchet, let me go on them Indian style!

MAPS!! As we explore, it would be helpful if we could automap a crude hand drawn type of map for in game reference. Maybe even special mark spots like *homebase* and *safe house* and *rabbit traps*

That screen that pops up with words of wisdom before the game starts. put a pause feature on that so we can read it. click to move on sort of thing. sometimes its long and time is short and only half is read and i'm all nooooooooooooooooooooooooo.....

SECURITY! If this is going to be made open server sandbox survival multiple player, a way of barring entry would be cool. Like boarding up windows and securing entry points would be awesome.

I would also think of a morality system or some way of encouraging a cooperative environment. Maybe a mental stability system added to our health system. We are after all mostly a social creature. Someone operating as a lone wolf bandit killer would encourage the wrath of the npc characters. as their madness grows, so does their claustrophobia. they begin to not be able to stay overnight in houses, instead staying in fishing huts, and then later just in the wild. they can were wolf pelts and have funny names, like 'He who side steps the straight line'.

But a mental health engine tide to a our morality might be kinda cool.

ABOUT CARS

Yeah for more. And awesome we can search glove box and trunk.

SUGGESTION. Allow us to see all the way around, I mean limiting us to 180 degrees is kinda silly. Trust me. Go into your car, you can look behind you. Also, sleep. It would be kinda cool if we could sleep in the cars. Ive done it, it's not so terribly bad. And with our bedroll, it could be still very warm. And the car would act as a tent for us, helping keep us warm.

CLOTH

Oh deer lord this needs to be rebalanced big time.

What do a Torque, long cotton underwear, heavy wool socks, and jeans all have in common.

1 cloth harvesting

:o :shock: :?

lol... You are right though, the whole cloth system needs to be updated. Not only should certain items give/require more cloth from harvest/repair, but the condition of an item should determine how much cloth you get too. Let's face it, if I have a Mariner's Coat which has reached 0% and thus is unrepairable, should I still be getting a ton of cloth harvesting it? I think not.

Someones bug report title gave me this idea!!

HIDDEN COMPARTMENTS!!

When society tends to melt away some very clever people hide things. Under floor boards, under carpets, behind beds, in air condition ducts and odds and end places. The really smart ones even have complete survival kits prepped away. Like a small packet of food, water, medical, and weapons ... anything extra of what they were carrying when they left so just in case they were forced back or had to start over they would still be able to survive. you could introduce an entire system for searching rooms that don't include individual obvious containers like we now search. Even searching outdoors around a house, as maybe they buried something between the propane take and the house as an example.

but but but...the geomagnetic disaster would wreck havoc on compasses!

Daytime it's easy to figure out north via time and shadows. Nighttime isn't as easy, but I've memorized the location of some of the clusters in relation to direction. That's all you need really....

On that note: I love the stylized night sky but we need some recognizable constellations in roughly accurate positions. I THINK i recognize Cassiopeia, though she's facing the wrong way and is in the east sky instead of the west where she belongs. And I see something that looks like Ursa Minor and is somewhat in the right spot, though again facing the wrong way.

Archived