Shooting Star

Czhilli

As I was looking up at the night sky before coming in to play some TLD I saw a shooting star. And I thought wouldn’t it be cool to see that in the game.

It’s just a little thing and would add nothing to the game play, but would be perfect for the atmosphere of the game. Whenever I’ve seen a shooting star it has always made me stop, think and ponder my place in the universe. It’s such a a fleeting and rare moment and that is how I would want it in the game. Just something to make you go “ooh... that was special!”

It seems such a silly thing to put as my first contribution to the wish list, but then I saw the icon for this sub forum is a shooting star and I had to post this.

You’re supposed to make a wish when you see one. I wish this game had the very occasional shooting star for my survivor to make a wish on.

I would love to see this along with other rare events that make the world in TLD feel a bit bigger than it is. There could be an event where you see a tree fall over in the distance, or see a whale breach the water out on the sea. Just little things that last a second and you could completely miss if you weren't looking there by happenstance. Love this.

I mentioned this on two different topics not long ago - when someone suggested a fox be added into the game as an animal, and on NPC discussion. I think it would be nice if certain places had random, rare events like the ones you described - it would deepen the immersion of the game a great deal. I dont expect a fox is ever going to be a huntable animal, seeing as how it is in Hinterland logo - but seeing them in the game would be great. That said - problem with these random events would be that they would have to be designed, and if they were rare, one could argue that this may not be worth the time spent on it. 

Archived