Flashlight? Custom "Baseline Resource Availability = Low" sandbox

Ruruwawa

Baseline Resource Availability is the topmost custom setting; "Low" means Interloper-style loot.  When I make a custom sandbox with Baseline set to Low, I can't find a flashlight.  I can find flashlights in several spots if I use any other setting for Baseline loot.

So does a flashlight exist in a custom Interloper sandbox and I just need to look in a special, Interloper-specific place?  (If so, where? :))  Or are flashlights disabled when Baseline = low?

As far as i can tell the flashlight does not spawn on custom loot at low.

I was a bit disappointed when I realised I would not get one after searching all regions except HRV in my interloper lite  run.(interloper with CF off and rifles enabled)

Not sure about normal interloper though. On my current run I have not made the summit run /been to the hunting lodge yet. Which is the only spawns I am aware of.

Thanks @sierra 117.  My custom sandbox is Interloper with sprains and survivor monologue turned off.  I have been to the summit, but I wasn't looking for a flashlight at the time so didn't take note where there was one there (doh).  Since it's fast place to check for a flashlight in BR I've rolled 10 low loot sandboxes there... so far 0/10.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Simone Else said:

maybe set to medium and set the other ones to low so you dont get too much loot.

I probably will do that for a Halloween run.  Crank the aurorae up to High, and only go out in the dark.  :D

Meanwhile, I filed a bug about the missing flashlights for custom Interloper.

BareSkin7 did find one in its Loper, since it dropped it in Camp Office cause of the weight before going to the forge on day 66. Since there's no mention of it before and he already had to leave stuff in the Dam trailer before leaving it, I'd guess the flashlight was found in camp office, or at least between the Dam and the Office (but nor at the blind neither alan's cave, since he's been attacked by wolf)

4 hours ago, BareSkin said:

BareSkin7 did find one in its Loper, since it dropped it in Camp Office cause of the weight before going to the forge on day 66. Since there's no mention of it before and he already had to leave stuff in the Dam trailer before leaving it, I'd guess the flashlight was found in camp office, or at least between the Dam and the Office (but nor at the blind neither alan's cave, since he's been attacked by wolf)

Are you talking about vanilla interloper, or custom?  I always find one on vanilla... so far, never on custom.

1 hour ago, Ruruwawa said:

Are you talking about vanilla interloper, or custom?  I always find one on vanilla... so far, never on custom.

Do you remember where you found it? I'm currently on day 90 in current vanilla loper run. I have been to the summit and looted most of ML, PV and Milton. I have not been to the hunting lodge in BR yet, so fingers crossed it is waiting for me there.

Not sure of any other potential spawns other than BR and Summit.

1 hour ago, Ruruwawa said:

Oh OK sorry, didn't get the question correctly, yes it was a Vanilla one. I'll let you know in case I ever find one on a custom "low baseline availability" someday.

2 hours ago, sierra 117 said:

Do you remember where you found it? I'm currently on day 90 in current vanilla loper run. I have been to the summit and looted most of ML, PV and Milton. I have not been to the hunting lodge in BR yet, so fingers crossed it is waiting for me there.

Not sure of any other potential spawns other than BR and Summit.

In vanilla Interloper I remember finding it in the dam and at the camp office.  Somewhere in DP too.  In my last vanilla run before I switched to Custom, I had one with me  in FM early in the run.  But I didn't note exactly where I picked any of them up, since I often find more than one. 

In custom/baseline=med I've been finding flashlights in the maintenance shed in BR 10/10, but not the hunting lodge (0/10).   Except in Wintermute, I don't think I've seen ever a flashlight in the hunting lodge.  BTW I'm not saying BR is the best place to find a flashlight in vanilla interloper; I rarely go there so I really don't know.  I just found it was a convenient place to test.

Three spots for a flashlight in the maintenance shed for baseline=medium.  No idea if these are places to look in vanilla interloper.

image.thumb.png.4081aa129cb0f645952612e2d4e6dc9f.png

image.thumb.png.687bda6e6e4639fe6d7bc37c32ff1c7d.png

image.thumb.png.c99fee7c300c711bef8cdfae3d094aa4.png

Archived