Tameable Animals

Anonymous707

So I love this game but there is something that would be amazing to me if they added.

Tameable animals- I know a lot of people would like this and a lot wouldn’t. After considering it I thought that maybe there is a way to make both parties happy. The ability to tame is only available on custom and you have to select yes. That way people who don’t want it in the game don’t have to have it and people who do can. I also thought that if they’re not all tameable, maybe just have crows, rabbits, and wolves. Maybe you could have it in the custom menu on what animals you want to be tameable? Of course taming in general should be difficult. It should take a good amount of work. Maybe have a skill for it. So if you have a certain skill level you can tame certain animals faster and/or teach them certain commands. Each animal could serve different functions. Like maybe tamed wolves will not only protect you but they help you hunt and track prey. Of course you can’t truely tame wild animals, so maybe it could still be dangerous like they could attack you if they don’t have a certain level of trust with you. If this wouldn’t work then maybe add baby animals that you can find in the world and have the ability to tame, although these can still be unpredictable if they don’t have enough trust as an adult. I know the likelihood of this being in the game is small but I do think a lot of people who play would love it, myself included.

Another recurring topic. Finding a stray dog, taming a wolf, even a bear, riding a moose... In various discussions we learned this

and epic fantasy elements like companion bear and riding moose were discarded. Taming a wolf seems too much complicated (you'd need to find a puppy and then wait for months). I suggested a crow could take a liking to you and rest on your backpack while acting as a scout/sentinel (it could find carcasses and notice predators earlier than you) and that looked like the least unlikely option.

I'd really love being able to tame a cougar and teach it to find candles and make bundles of sticks.

Archived