Chance to empty ruined food cans

Senauer

With the revamp cooking system introduced in the Vigilant Flame update, I believe it would make sense to be able to empty ruined food cans so that they can be later used for water making. As far as I know this is currently not possible, so it looks like the only way of emptying these ruined food cans for such purpose now is... to eat them. And thus risk food poisoning.

Does anybody have any other inputs on this?

12 minutes ago, Senauer said:

With the revamp cooking system introduced in the Vigilant Flame update, I believe it would make sense to be able to empty ruined food cans so that they can be later used for water making. As far as I know this is currently not possible, so it looks like the only way of emptying these ruined food cans for such purpose now is... to eat them. And thus risk food poisoning.

Does anybody have any other inputs on this?

So you can get extra cans by eating canned food? I didn't realise that I will have try it. but yes if so emptying would also make sense, Ie. Discard food.

4 minutes ago, nicko said:

So you can get extra cans by eating canned food?

Well, I would say so! Now you're making me doubt... ;)

Since the update I've only played my Stalker achievement run, which I started previous to VF. At this moment I have two cans in this save: one which was automatically added to my inventory with the update and a second one which I am pretty sure I got from eating a pork and beans can. But that was many game days ago so perhaps I am mistaken and I found it somewhere else.

The fact is that yesterday I saw myself stranded in the middle of a blizzard in Three Strikes (PV). In risk of hypothermia and already dehydrating (because of my lack of attention I had no water and I had left both of my cans on top of the stove back at the Farmhouse), I felt relief when I found a can of ruined peaches in one of the abandoned buildings. I thought to empty it and use it to make some water, but I couldn't unless I would eat it. My relief turned to anguish and, after making a fire and warming up, I decided that I didn't want to deal with food poisoning in the middle of the Mother of all Blizzards, so I finally retreated whining back to the Farmhouse.

I safely made it, but certainly having the chance of emptying that can to make water would have taken some pressure of my back.

31 minutes ago, nicko said:

Ie. Discard food.

This!

Archived