Do wolves still limp after receiving glancing blow from arrow?

Krait

Can't remember the last time I saw a wolf limp after being hit but not bleeding from an arrow. Maybe I'm not paying enough attention..?

Also wouldn't it be nice if deer slowed down a tad after being hit (eventually), instead of imitating Speedy Gonzalez and running up to the most difficult to get places? (sigh) j/k.. (First World problems, eh?)

I'm rather amazed at what the deer are able to do after I put an arrow in them. I don't even bother chasing them anymore, eventually the birds will lead me to my arrow.

Hunted a pack of wolves on mystery lake last night and none of them limped after being hit by an arrow.  They certainly ran but there was no limping.  Unless said limping happened two km away after they ran out of sight.

From what I've observed, if you score a hit with the bow and the arrow remains stuck then the wolf should bleed until it drops. First running around, then slowing the pace, then limping. 

However, if the arrow bounces off the wolf (because it breaks, I don't know if it can just bounce off because of a miss), apparently it will not bleed. It may go running scared at first but then it will return to standard patrol mode, no limping, no bleeding.

This just happened to me yesterday. I hit a wolf but the arrow broke and there was no blood trail to follow. Even though it might seem that blood splattered because of the animation hit, I went to check and none could be found on the floor. The little fella ran away for a few seconds and then it went back to patrolling as if nothing (I guess with its condition drained a bit, but definitely not mortally wounded). 

Thanks for your thoughts and experiences.

It just hit me (no pun intended) that I distinctly remember from several patches/updates ago, that wolves  that were hit (bouncing shot, no bleeding) in the legs (always aim for the legs, Rick!) would get into stalker mode after they first ran away. They would limp towards me, growling and all, but couldn't charge.

I actually felt sorry for them!

Archived