DIXON390

In the original teaser trailer for story mode released a while back it shows lights in a city skyscraper go out. I was wondering if maybe an urban town or city would be interesting. It could have coffee shops, a supermarket, a police station, an office building (great for buffer memories), and maybe even an airport. These are just spitball ideas that just popped into my head so feel free to add your own ideas. 

Its possible that the notorious Perseverance Mills might be the town in question... but there are definitely areas on the world Map we are yet to see. There are some indications that there will be a region between Broken Railroad and Hush River Valley. Also there is enough "space" for a region North of Desolation Point, East of Pleasant Valley and South of Timberwolf... although with that same logic there would be space for a another region to hug the Coast of great Bear island to the East of Timberwolf

I don't know. I honestly hope we  do not get an urban map in the game world, as it currently is. It is a remote island, where it seems mostly long abandoneded industries were the last hold-outs. I can't imagine an urban map on the island with so much rural space. 

I always thought of the cityscape and highways seen in the trailer video, and the Steam background are meant to be indicators that the geomagnetic disaster affected more than just Great Bear Island, it was global, we are not the only ones experiencing this new world. 

It does work to leave Hinterland room to continue the Story Mode with a Season 2 or beyond, and even create a new Survival Mode world on the Mainland. Possibilities for urban Challenge Modes as well. I would enjoy that, but not a city on Great Bear, I don't think. Another town, yes. But not a sprawling urban space. I mean, Wintermute starts at Will's office, at a small airport, on the Mainland (at least I believe it is on the Mainland). Maybe there are plans to get Will and Astrid back home, to the Mainland, someday?

Archived