Workbench Improvement

TheRedDragon

Hello, fellow survivalists. I'm new here, but not to the game. Haven't read all the threads, so i hope this idea is new. 

I'd like to be able to use the items stored in the workbench drawer while crafting, so i wouldn't need to carry them with me or take them from the drawer before crafting. Just a small and practical improvement in my opinion.

I definitely support this. Not just items in the drawer, but crafting anywhere, and using items that are in the vicinity. Some other games have this, where picking up a nearby item to complete a crafting process is implied.

No, let the drawer be a seperate container, what if you wanted to craft a large item, say a coat, you would submit the pieces and they would apear in top of the bench, as you put more hours in it, it will apear more put together and when done, ot would spawn as an item on the bench

14 hours ago, Mystery guy said:

No, let the drawer be a seperate container, what if you wanted to craft a large item, say a coat, you would submit the pieces and they would apear in top of the bench, as you put more hours in it, it will apear more put together and when done, ot would spawn as an item on the bench

Great idea just love it

I like the idea of the crafting bench having a small radius, say two feet around, from which the crafting menu would recognize materials as available.  Mainly this means anything stored on or under the bench or in the drawer would be available for crafting without manually gathering them together into your inventory.

That said... I still have a hard time suspending my disbelief when I can put 10 full sized deer hides into that little drawer on the bench :D 

Archived