Survival mode finite?

Archon01

I have played TLD for a while now and i've really enjoyed it. So far, my own experiences in the wild have been similar if you don't count the wolves and the bears, however, when it comes to TLD, is the survivalmode finite? When i've been wandering about most of the areas to look for loot ranging from cloth and scrap metal, I do find it, but once used it is spent.

My question is this, is there a limited supply of metal and cloth? Because if that's the case the game will become harder for every mistake you make (Naturaly) but it also means that you can reach a point of no return when you run out of certain resources. Is the game made this way or is there an infinite amount of resources?(that you have to look for)

Ammunition, cloth, metal are the most vital (IMO) and if they run out your survival becomes very difficult indeed, because you can no longer hunt when desperate, you can't make hooks for fishing and you can't repair clothes and other items. 

Now if this game is made so that the resources are finit, and you eventually run out of all the items stated above, I personaly think it would be great to be able to make natural tools instead. Hooks can be made from bones of animals you kill (Rabbits are abundant if you have that preset and can be killed with just a rock). You could also make rocks into arrowheads. Very basic maybe but when it comes to survival everything that works is an option.

Would that change make the game to easy? Or is it a resonable change for lategame survival? Balance with these "natural" tools could be their durability, their efficiency and their overall abundance.

(If a thread like this exists on the forums please let me know so we don't have to make a copy)

This thread does exist somewhere.

The long and the short of it is: no, cloth, metal and saplings do wash up on the beach in coastal regions, so they are not finite. Also, it would take a long, long, long time for you to use up all those materials that are present from the start in all the maps combined, so it isn't really going to be an issue unless you plan on playing the same run for several thousand in-game days.

Archived