Question about Custom Game Settings?

piddy3825

So, with the introduction of Custom Game Play,  I have been having some fun giving myself all the afflictions and and limited resources etc.  But what I can't seem to get work is spawning any moose populations.  I dialed down the predators and bumped up the deer and rabbits and put the moose on the very high steroids setting.   What I do see are multiple days with nothing but wolves and if I am lucky I might see one moose by the time i hit 120 ingame days.

Is the moose spawn affected by location?  Seen plenty of youtube videos with a moose and bear at Trapper's Cabin, made that my base for the longest time.  Never saw a moose.  Did harvest the bear.  I think my next game will be no animals but moose... see what that does if anything.  

Any suggestions?

Try to check behind grey mother's house in milton, there's a rope. Go up there, last time I found a moose with deers, rabbits and wolves. Good hunting spot, just quarter and bring everything back down in the house to work on it, and not care about the weather.

15 hours ago, StrayCat said:

Try to check behind grey mother's house in milton, there's a rope. Go up there, last time I found a moose with deers, rabbits and wolves. Good hunting spot, just quarter and bring everything back down in the house to work on it, and not care about the weather.

yeah, been up there just recently, no joy.  did find three rifles though... lol

I got a moose spawn pretty quickly (3 days)  in Milton Basin, zoning between it and Marsh Ridge in FM.   Both places can spawn a moose so you can check them both in a few minutes then spend your day doing other things and try again the next day.

3 hours ago, Ruruwawa said:

I got a moose spawn pretty quickly (3 days)  in Milton Basin, zoning between it and Marsh Ridge in FM.   Both places can spawn a moose so you can check them both in a few minutes then spend your day doing other things and try again the next day.

thank you, will check that out soon as i get back into that neck of the woods!

Usual spots for moose in my experience are the following:

• Coastal Townside on Coastal Highway
  • A little pond (not named) on forlorn muskeg which is close to a small cave and the poacher´s camp (head right after entering FM from ML)
  • In the frontyard of the Hunting Lodge on Broken Railroad (together with at least one wolf :| )
  • Pensive Pond on Pleasant Valley
  • Trappers Cabin or Carter Hydro Dam on Mystery Lake

Archived