Updating survival maps {SPOILERS?}

EricTheGreat12

With the "recent" release of Rugged Sentinel, the once secret path from the Hunter's Lodge to the Maintencane Yard (aka path with the Rickety Bridge) has been made available. Also, on the Mountain Town/Milton Map there is a new path that let's us shortcut from the Spruce Falls Bridge to the Shortwave Tower (you find it by following the river through the cliffs, then you turn right and then left). 

As both these paths offer new locations, I find it odd that the maps haven't been updated; there is no white icon nor wording on the maps to signal the location of the cave in MT and bridge in BR. Both new areas on their respective maps are also covered in grey, therefore making it seem as if they are closed off. It would be nice to have this updated next time around.

PS. I am talking about this through a Survival Mode perspective. These areas are blocked off in Story Mode.

Yes these are some interesting locations.
I think they're still under construction. The area around Rickety Bridge used to have another locked gate which now has been replaced by what looks like an temporary rock wall. I mean temporary as that you clearly can see where it has been place if you knew where the gate used to be.
So maybe they'll wait with updating the maps till these area's have been finished?

30 minutes ago, Blinkin said:

I think they're still under construction. The area around Rickety Bridge used to have another locked gate which now has been replaced by what looks like an temporary rock wall. I mean temporary as that you clearly can see where it has been place if you knew where the gate used to be.
So maybe they'll wait with updating the maps till these area's have been finished?

The rock wall was always there, they just made it solid and completely removed the gate. It was probably a placeholder for the Milton transition area but they moved it to FM.

47 minutes ago, Blinkin said:

I have heard of "The Door"; I unfortunately didn't take the time to look around there back before Hinterland tried to close that area. 

It still doesn't mean that they cannot put the white identification markers on the map. With the path in Mountain Town, they just need to remove the grey from the area and draw the cave on the map; that's all that would be necessary..

Sorry I see I was a bit confusing in explaining my words. I didn't meant THAT rock wall haha. I meant they removed the gate a placed a rock wall instead of it. It used to be an passage.
Could indeed have been an placeholder or some sort off, although that wouldn't make much sense since Story mode won't let you travel to that area... I assume(!) they planned the transitions zone a bit more earlier. Although that's just an assumption off course haha.

@EricTheGreat12 I've attached an image of the spoken area.

Anyhow, it would be neat if the maps got updated. :)

vlcsnap-2018-02-10-15h19m33s611.png

16 hours ago, Blinkin said:

I remember that gate. My hypothesis is that it would lead to a new region in the future. Maybe they scrapped whatever plan they had for it. I haven't seen the rock wall you're talking about yet so I wouldn't know for sure but it's possible that they might still make another transitional area. They might have the same gate or make another transition altogether.

15 minutes ago, shade_grey said:

I remember that gate. My hypothesis is that it would lead to a new region in the future. Maybe they scrapped whatever plan they had for it. I haven't seen the rock wall you're talking about yet so I wouldn't know for sure but it's possible that they might still make another transitional area. They might have the same gate or make another transition altogether.

Or maybe they weren't expecting people to cheat and traverse to the other side of the gate? They probably got tired of people walking out of bounds and decided to "clean up".

31 minutes ago, Blinkin said:

Sorry I see I was a bit confusing in explaining my words. I didn't meant THAT rock wall haha. I meant they removed the gate a placed a rock wall instead of it. It used to be an passage.
Could indeed have been an placeholder or some sort off, although that wouldn't make much sense since Story mode won't let you travel to that area... I assume(!) they planned the transitions zone a bit more earlier. Although that's just an assumption off course haha.

vlcsnap-2018-02-10-15h19m33s611.png

This screams "Episode 3" for me; Broken Railroad could use a lot of love..

I really don't think that this would have been a transit area to Mountain Town. If you think about it, the map of Milton isn't big enough to reach from Broken Railroad to Mystery Lake. I think that they just got tired of everyone trying to cross the gate.

It's too bad really; these kind of details and pathways that are shown yet you cannot traverse makes the game seem unfinished. Especially with its small size, Broken Railroad looks as if it's a similar Transit zone to Forlorn Muskeg, but since it's the end of the map, it's pointless to stay there for a significant amount of time. Similar matter with Mountain Town, where you have loads of areas that you could see from a distance but if you get too close the game kills you off automatically :(

Archived