Wolf Meat

Flannix

Which mode are you playing?

In Interloper and Stalker eating cooked wolf and bear meat carries a risk of being afflicted with parasites. When reached, level 5 cooking skill provides immunity from parasites in cooked wolf and bear meat. In Interloper at least, I'm reasonably sure that this has always been the case.

14 hours ago, Flannix said:

Is it a bug or the wolf meat now give you chance of parasite even cooked ? 

Remember: parasites are not a death sentence. It can actually make the game quite fun because it gives you a specific short-term goal (find mushrooms!) and focusses your gameplay.  And it's perfectly survivable, as long as you don't get it too often, and coming out the other side is rewarding.

I'd actually like to see more of this type of affliction affecting you over a period of time (like sprains?) because it breaks up the survival routine and provides a kind of natural narrative within the more open sandbox experience.

I'm in custom ( voyager ) I'm still in a learning curve once I reach 50 days and have explored the world enough, I'll move to  stalker. I'm getting slowly there. Bu I still do dumb mistake of going too close to cliff... My character seems to often die of broken spinal cord lol. 

Archived