Moose and pre-Wintermute save

Athoen

Hello

I was exploring Milton Basin with a survival game (voyageur difficulty and pre-Wintermute savegame), and found several marks on the trees (those indicating a moose is around)...

I scouted the area several times, watched from high positions,  but no moose

So I was wondering if such savegame was not compatible with moose (just like there are no auroraes).

Can someone confirme this please ?

(by the way, the basin is quite a nice addition)

My first excursion into the basin showed the same moose sign. However I was lucky enough to spot a moose over the first ridge, but after sleeping in the burned-out cabin for the night, when I went back to look he was nowhere to be seen. 

19 hours ago, L² said:

My first excursion into the basin showed the same moose sign. However I was lucky enough to spot a moose over the first ridge, but after sleeping in the burned-out cabin for the night, when I went back to look he was nowhere to be seen. 

I experienced it the other way around, I was down in the Basin for days before the Moose appeared. With all the Moose signs I was sure it must be somewhere and checked the whole Basin every day until the engine decided to spawn it in the little forest near the burned cabin. So my guess is that Moose are moved around the various possible spawn points on a map, similar to how wolve packs are moved around (and sometimes vanish or appear right in front of your eyes).

Thus, if you see Moose sign in an area, camp there for some days until it appears, Hunters must be patient ;)

On 12/22/2017 at 5:47 AM, Athoen said:

So I was wondering if such savegame was not compatible with moose (just like there are no auroraes).

Can someone confirme this please ?

Confirmed.

Yes, moose do appear on Voyager difficulty in pre-Wintermute saved games. I know this because have a 550-day, pre-Wintermute voyager run, and now have a fresh moose hide curing at my base. The tree markings where the moose rub their antlers appear in areas where the moose can spawn, but they're not always there. Thus, the rarity factor. 

Moose, yes; auroras, no.

moosessdf.png

Archived