Aiming with ranged weapons

palbi

Hi All,

1. Level 5 "Rifle firearm" should be set much better.
I play Voyageur now, and this is the first time I have reached level 5 but I don't feel much leap ahead compared to level 4. In clear weather, no wind (or at least slight) the iron sight plays the same drunken sailor. I am willing to accept, that my character won't be a JTF2 member, but this is frustrating.

2. The aiming-shooting with bow and rifle should be the same.
To conserve rifle cartridges, I occasionally change to bow, but I tend to mix up the aiming-shooting procedure. By the way, why are they different? I know it's not an FPS game, but imagine different aiming-shooting for each waepons in, let's say, Doom. If TLD-Team plans to introduce a third (fourth, fifth, etc. who knows?) type of ranged weapon that could enforce this change in aiming-shooting anyway.

Thanks. :)

Is there a difference between crouching and standing as far as rifle sway? If not, then there should be, because you can rest your elbow on your leg when you kneel and fire. Correct me if am wrong, but gaining level does not reduce sway, per se, but just lengthens the pre-sway time. I could be wrong on that though, need to test! My favorite mechanic for aiming old heavy long guns is in the game Red Orchestra. It allows you to use things in the environment (crates, fence, etc..) to allow you to fire from rest, which pretty much eliminates sway.

Archived