Would have liked warning of PV Farmhouse wipe

ttoyooka

I'll say first that I was absolutely delighted about almost everything in Rugged Sentinel, so I'm not angry about anything as I write this.

But one thing I was keenly disappointed to find was that the Pleasant Valley Farmhouse area was reset without any warning, and all my loot was wiped from the interior.  This hit me particularly hard, as I'd spent a good deal of time moving my base camp there, precisely because we were previously given warning that Story Mode release would wipe various areas of Mystery Lake.  I think I may have lost the majority of my collected loot in my current 200-day survival game.

I'm now debating whether to abandon it and start again.  Like I said, I'm not angry, as TLD has taught me I should never get too attached to my characters (much less a pile of loot)...

But I would have liked some warning if it was known that a wipe was a possibility.

Edit: The latest hotfix has restored my loot!  I'm amazed and grateful.

I don't know which cabin you mean in CH, I've stored most of my food in the cabin between Camp and Jackrabbits, the one closer to the Island and it's still all there. My stuff in PV Farmstead was gone though which I too found a bit of a bummer. But then I went to Milton and everything was good again :D

[EDIT]: also checked Fishing Camp, all huts are there including the one with the workbench behind. I started the run after Wintermute was released, maybe only pre-wintermute saves are affected by the missing hut in CH?

1 hour ago, Kristian2 said:

I'm sure Hinterland would have liked a heads-up about it as well, since it wasn't intentional. The director of TLD has responded to someone on twitter about it saying "If this is the PV Farmhouse, it's a known issue and we're working on it."

Ah.  If it wasn't intentional, then I'll have to forgive them for it.  I guess it's too late for me, though; since I've entered the house, it's already overwritten the save.  Alas.

9 hours ago, ttoyooka said:

I'll say first that I was absolutely delighted about almost everything in Rugged Sentinel, so I'm not angry about anything as I write this.

But one thing I was keenly disappointed to find was that the Pleasant Valley Farmhouse area was reset without any warning, and all my loot was wiped from the interior.  This hit me particularly hard, as I'd spent a good deal of time moving my base camp there, precisely because we were previously given warning that Story Mode release would wipe various areas of Mystery Lake.  I think I may have lost the majority of my collected loot in my current 200-day survival game.

I'm now debating whether to abandon it and start again.  Like I said, I'm not angry, as TLD has taught me I should never get too attached to my characters (much less a pile of loot)...

But I would have liked some warning if it was known that a wipe was a possibility.

I can certainly understand your disappointment and hopefully they have a way to get it back.  In the meantime, this is precisely why I periodically back up my save game file.

13 hours ago, ChillPlayer said:

I don't know which cabin you mean in CH, I've stored most of my food in the cabin between Camp and Jackrabbits, the one closer to the Island and it's still all there. My stuff in PV Farmstead was gone though which I too found a bit of a bummer. But then I went to Milton and everything was good again :D

[EDIT]: also checked Fishing Camp, all huts are there including the one with the workbench behind. I started the run after Wintermute was released, maybe only pre-wintermute saves are affected by the missing hut in CH?

I meant the fishing camp.  There have complaints about the one with the workbench disappering.  Its good to know that it was there for you though.  I guess If I want to go there with a new game I know it will be there.  That is probably my favorite place in game to stay.

Archived