it takes 6 min to exit PV farmstead house

Sito

I have been playing in PV for several weeks now. about 2 weeks ago it started to take about 2 minutes to exit the farmstead house. the cursor would rotate same as usual then the program would freeze for 2 min. then it would exit to the porch as usual. now it takes 6 minutes. anyone else have this problem?  it is only exiting from the farmhouse that is the problem. I can go into a car and exit as usual. or any of the other houses on PV. its making me mad. grrrr. I reported as a bug but got no comment back

I've heard of this happening.. don't know what (if any) solution there might be, sorry.. but at least you're not alone.

Edit: Do you have massive stockpiles of food, water, sticks and wood?  I seem to recall that being mentioned as a possible cause.

1 hour ago, Sito said:

I reported as a bug but got no comment back

Nobody gets comments back on their bug reports. It's another of those aspects where Hinterland's communication is severely lacking.

This has happened with me as well.

It takes three minutes of black screen time on my voyager run to exit Trapper's. My guess is that it's due to the massive accumulation of stuff I've scrounged for and stored inside (I raided all the maps and moved it all there).

For that reason, and because I reached 500 days,  I've moved on to interloper (it's a hoot!). But you've only been playing for two weeks... Still, not sure what else it could be beyond tons of supplies.

Do you have a million sticks inside? Does it happen when exiting both doors?

8 hours ago, JAFO said:

I've heard of this happening.. don't know what (if any) solution there might be, sorry.. but at least you're not alone.

Edit: Do you have massive stockpiles of food, water, sticks and wood?  I seem to recall that being mentioned as a possible cause.

Nobody gets comments back on their bug reports. It's another of those aspects where Hinterland's communication is severely lacking.

If it's the bug report forum thingy, I wouldn't expect a reply anyways. It's meant to report bugs so they can fix them. And the reason why they probably don't respond is because they have so many bugs... which means a lot of reports... which means a lot of replies to give.... which takes time.

ok yes I do have lots of sticks stockpiled inside as well as guts and skins. I will dump some outside and see what happens. because waiting 6 min is an eternity.

I was thinking that it would be good if everyone could comment on a bug. that way they could add their own experience which would give additional data to the developers. but it would probably just be abused by angry gamers I guess.

thanks for your feedback guys!

update. I moved all my 8 million sticks from inside the PV farmhouse to outside on the porch. now the exit time is much much less. 1 min instead of 6.

on the converse... it now take more time to enter to the house. but not much

I love this game btw. I heard about it from CBC.

3 hours ago, Sito said:

update. I moved all my 8 million sticks from inside the PV farmhouse to outside on the porch. now the exit time is much much less. 1 min instead of 6.

on the converse... it now take more time to enter to the house. but not much

I love this game btw. I heard about it from CBC.

Good ol' CBC.

Sadly, I missed the original report since it didn't pop up on my news feed. Downside of not avidly following the news I guess :) 

On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 11:35 PM, Sito said:

update. I moved all my 8 million sticks from inside the PV farmhouse to outside on the porch. now the exit time is much much less. 1 min instead of 6

Glad that worked for you (for the most part)! 

Archived