Remove/Wear All Clothing Option

Wish

Hello,

If wearing clothes while you sleep continues to degrade them faster than removing them, I suggest a "TAKE OFF ALL" + "WEAR ALL" option, so you don't have to click 32 times each time you wish to undress or redress.

In total it takes around 70 mouse clicks to undress, sleep, and then redress:

To remove an item takes 2 mouse clicks. With 16 potential clothing spots, that's 32 clicks to remove everything, 1 click for "BED", a few clicks for the hours, another click for "SLEEP", and 32 more clicks to wear everything upon awaking. That works out to around 70 mouse clicks to sleep while best preserving the clothing. 70 clicks seems excessive. Our poor fingers!

Please see attached mockup for an idea of where this option might go.

Thank you for considering!

TAKE OFF ALL mockup with highlight.png

I just don't bother.  I recall a conversation a while back that concluded that either there is no additional degradation while you sleep (vs having the clothes in your pack), or it's small enough to not matter.

I've forgotten to put the clothes back on so many times I decided it just wasn't worth it.

Still, a "remove all clothes" option could be useful for beachcombing and similar situations.

Absolutedly no. If you want to remove your clothes for sleeping, that is fine, but in that case, you should have to do it manually. Besides, this is not even true anymore - the clothes degrade equally fast if you wear them indoors on your body, or in your backpack. And if you put them into a container, they degrade faster. This used to be a thing, it is not anymore, unless they changed this once again recently.

1 hour ago, Prestermatt said:

Still, a "remove all clothes" option could be useful for beachcombing and similar situations.

And that is EXACTLY why it should not be a thing. It would not be a punishment otherwise. It would make taking clothes off easy when you are about to face down with animals, too. Overall it would take away most of the hard punishments for mistakes that the game currently has. 

22 minutes ago, Mroz4k said:

And that is EXACTLY why it should not be a thing. It would not be a punishment otherwise. It would make taking clothes off easy when you are about to face down with animals, too. Overall it would take away most of the hard punishments for mistakes that the game currently has. 

Please.  "a punishment"?  This is pedantic.  There's no reason to force the player to endure repeated clicking just to satisfy your sense of what the game ought to be.  There's a balance between realism and the fact that this is a game that is supposed to be enjoyable.  Forcing us to click click click just to do simple tasks is just plain irritating.

If the goal is to make it less desirable to strip down when facing off a wolf or a bear, then make it take spinning circle time like everything else does in the game.  This would be realistic, effective, and easier on the hand.  But don't make me click click click.

4 hours ago, Prestermatt said:

I recall a conversation a while back that concluded that either there is no additional degradation while you sleep (vs having the clothes in your pack), or it's small enough to not matter.

Hey, if that's the way it is: woo hoo! If so, please disregard :)

11 hours ago, Wish said:

Hey, it's a wish list. We all have different wishes. My name is even Wish!

I know, and I am not trying to disregard that, but the ability to comment is there so that everyone can give their opinion, I simply wanted to give mine on the subject. Such is the nature of the discussion - I am sure people who want it will add their opinion on why it should be added, and at the same time, people who don't want it should have that same possibility. ^_^

2 hours ago, Mroz4k said:

the ability to comment is there so that everyone can give their opinion

Sure, but there's more to it than that:

"The Hinterland Forums strive to be a place that is positive, inclusive, welcoming and comfortable."

When you write "Absolutely no." That is not positive. You could write that you disagree, but tone is important for positivity. Anyways, I'm moving on.

Archived