Craftus Interruptus - cant resume making Wolfskin Coat

epower

Scoured the fora but couldn't find an answer to this problem.  Is there a trick to resuming an "in Progress" crafting?  I got 5 hrs into making a wolfskin coat then went to bed.  When I attempted to resume crafting in the morning, the menu demanded 4 wolf pelts and 2 cured gut. 

I have the "in Progress" wolfskin coat in my inventory but can't seem to get it back to craftable.  Tried dropping it, leaving the ML: Camp office and returning and picking it up again but so far no luck.  Am I missing something or is this a bug?

Just started playing on Voyager.  Love the game so far but those 4 wolf pelts cost me considerable pain and my nice new snow pants (damn wolves!) so I'd hate to start the process over.

Thanks!

Thanks Faurian.  I figured it might have something to do with the usage of the raw materials and the timing thereof.  Perhaps I stopped the crafting process at an inopportune moment.  I've taken out my frustrations on the local wolf population so one more pelt and I'll give this another go.

I'll see if I can reproduce the issue, now that I know where the save game files live.

If you got the in-progress item and it still requires you to use 4 pelts, that means you still have 4 cured pelts somewhere along your inventory. Like Furian mentioned, you crafted the "in progress" coat but it didn't actually take any of your items away. Once you progress further, you will see that the "in progress" coat becomes heavier, and you will lose certain materials out of your inventory.

The "in progress" thing is there to keep count of how many hours you already put into that crafting, and in case you decided to start working on something else. But in the first few initial hours, the "in progress" item will be crafted "out of thin air" - so if you decide that you need to use those resources in some other way, you can do that.

Every time you take up the crafting again, don't forget to pick up the in-progress item as well as the materials for it because if you forget to pick up the in-progress item, you will be starting off from the scratch.

Archived