Aurora in V1.15

The Gentleman  Bastard

26 minutes ago, The Gentleman Bastard said:

Anyone else agree?

I dunno.. I've seen a lot of complaints that they'd become TOO frequent since the patch that brought them back was released. It's impossible to please everyone.. but I'd rather Hinterland erred on the side of caution than annoyance.

I've been taking a break from TLD lately.. guess I'll see how I feel about it when I resume playing.

On 9/28/2017 at 10:18 PM, JAFO said:

I dunno.. I've seen a lot of complaints that they'd become TOO frequent since the patch that brought them back was released. It's impossible to please everyone.. but I'd rather Hinterland erred on the side of caution than annoyance.

I've been taking a break from TLD lately.. guess I'll see how I feel about it when I resume playing.

That is true. And i guess its better to have it more rare to make it feel more special.

The aurora provided many advantages for the experienced survivor, weather seems to calm down during an aurora and so it made blizzards at night less likely from my experience. Aurora nights provide ample light to navigate. If you obtain a flashlight, the only threat are bears and electried cables. 

Also, the aurora is a very special event, if it occurred every night, itd lose its uniqueness.

Archived