Just one wish

LaughingGravy

Here is a less technical solution. 

Get a cork stopper, the kind that's larger on one end than the other. You want the large end to fit over the key, but not touch other keys. Glue some nickels to the other end to weight it. Put it on the w key. 

If this sounds sarcastic, I apologize, it's not intended to be. I've used this for years in this and other games. 

That said, this game truly needs an auto walk feature. It's simply shameful that it's not included in a game of this caliber, with walking such an integral part of gameplay

9 hours ago, TROY said:

Here is a less technical solution. 

Get a cork stopper, the kind that's larger on one end than the other. You want the large end to fit over the key, but not touch other keys. Glue some nickels to the other end to weight it. Put it on the w key. 

If this sounds sarcastic, I apologize, it's not intended to be. I've used this for years in this and other games. 

I dunno.. after your recent adventure with your laptop, I'd have thought you'd be up for trying a more technical solution.. :P:D  Not everyone has the courage to dismantle their own laptop to fix something.. 

(Kidding with you, mate.. I'm a big fan of low-tech solutions too..)

9 hours ago, TROY said:

That said, this game truly needs an auto walk feature. It's simply shameful that it's not included in a game of this caliber, with walking such an integral part of gameplay

Upvoted for this statement.

@LaughingGravy @ChillPlayer  Autowalk: granted.      Get yourself a mouse with a button 4 and button 5.  the side buttons. 

Make sure the in-game steam overlay is enabled.     Go to keybindings, change the walk forward key to button 4 or 5.

You now press and hold that button to walk forward. While pressing that button, hit shift/tab to open the steam overlay.

release the mouse button. click up top to exit the steam overlay. Your character will continue to walk in the direction you look until you press that button again and release it (or some other key press that would normally stop you from moving. Forward movement will even be maintained through loading screens like transition tunnels and doors. 

No macros, no corks.  I just tested it to make sure it works in this game.  Now go autowalk.

Archived