Let's talk plot holes

TWM

The only reasonable explanations I can come up with as to why the people of Milton fled their homes instead of stay-put and sticking together.  They are, ordered for most likely to least, the following:

1. Nobody stepped forward and assumed the leadership position required to hold the small town together.
  2. The Aurora interfered with their brains, causing them to become agitated and hostile; similar to how the wolves become during the Aurora.
  3. Once enough people had left town, the rest of the town herded after them, seeking solace of group protection.

2 minutes ago, SnowWalker said:

What was Jeremiah doing at the end cut scene of his story? I couldn't make that out. Do you know?

With the radio? Well first off lemme say that I didn't really like that. If anything is cliche about Wintermute it's THAT. The hidden thing under the floor cliche, I much would've rathered it be in the safe or locker or something. I also don't like how he lied about having no electronics, BUT it makes an interesting story.

As for what he was doing, nothing really. It's just a way to show how he does have a radio. Well, I don't really think it's a radio. But rather a transceiver. I think that Jerry and Atwood were apocalypse preppers, which explains his bunker and why he lives in such an isolated place. Because there wouldn't be chaos when everything goes down. I think that he was planning to go communicate with Atwood himself at Signal Hill but then Episode 2 happened. I think that he used Mackenzie to transmit the message "Wintermute" because it IS important, to him at least. I think "Wintermute" is their codeword for "The Apocalypse has happened" essentially. I think that the transceiver is to receive morse code or something back at the cabin. Maybe incase something did go wrong and Jerry couldn't get there (which did). Could just be a normal radio and he just needs to bring it to the radio tower but it looked screwed into the floor. Dunno. 

I don't think he knew what kind of apocalypse would take place or that it would happen in wintertime. Wintermute just seems like an appropriate name for the event that causes the world to go dark. I don't think he knew the Aurora would fry human civilization. But he knew something would. Especially after the collapse. And no, I'm not going with the ridiculous theory that Jeremiah caused the apocalypse or that anyone did in fact. That's just dumb. The Forest Talkers didn't cause the apocalypse to destroy industries wrecking nature. That's dumb. BUT Jerry and Atwood could BE Forest Talkers (Methuselah is more likely given what he talks about). 

So yeah, that's what I think. 

4 minutes ago, Fuarian said:

Yeah, but it doesn't look normal. 

I got just a glimpse of it because I had a bedroll right there on the floor and the cutscene included my bedroll and so I could barely make out what was in there. I thought it was a bomb and he was going to blow up his place or something....but then, nothing happened, lol.

Just now, SnowWalker said:

I got just a glimpse of it because I had a bedroll and the cutscene included my bedroll and so I could barely make out what was in there. I thought it was a bomb and he was going to blow up his place or something....but then, nothing happened, lol.

OMG LOL, they should have a fix for that. Or make it in the safe like I said. 

Archived