Do We Really Need To Play The Quests?

Dougie

You can move through at any pace you like.. but most of the quests are NOT optional. Story mode is as linear as a railroad track. Get off the track, you end up going nowhere.

If you just want to do your own thing, you're better off sticking with Survival mode.

You only can carry 30 kg when moving in between episodes so you don't really need to stockpile much. Just get enough food to get by day to day and that's really enough since the NPC houses have permanent fire which saves you a lot of calories since you need a lot less wood.

3 hours ago, damuchi said:

You only can carry 30 kg when moving in between episodes so you don't really need to stockpile much. Just get enough food to get by day to day and that's really enough since the NPC houses have permanent fire which saves you a lot of calories since you need a lot less wood.

That's not true at all with the end of Episode 2 if you're careful.

On 8/10/2017 at 7:27 AM, JAFO said:

No.. they're fully independent of each other. (Survival mode has less handholding)

No hands to hold there except for Lady Karma's.

On 8/11/2017 at 7:20 PM, RossBondReturns said:

*makes note to start stocking up for real around that time*

On 8/11/2017 at 9:20 PM, RossBondReturns said:

I'm pretty sure he was referring to the rope between episode 1 and 2 that you can only climb with 30 kilos and then snaps so you can't get back up. Episode 3 isn't out yet, and yes you can haul more than 30 kilos through the dam. So technically there is no moving between episode 2 and 3 yet...

For Grey Mother there is plenty of wood and coal that can be gathered without an axe. For food she says to loot the gas station, and then also proceeds to mark a bunch of dead deer on the map. Many of which have 4.0 kilos of meat on them which amounts to over 3400 calories per deer. I believe they also lowered her calorie requirement for the food quest, previously it was 10,000 calories. So even at that number we are talking 2-3 deer and some cattails. I plan on looting the whole town first....she's getting all the dog food I find...I can tell you that much!;)It's 500 calories a can too!

Archived