Old Man's Beard Lichen Bandages (they don't work?)

TWM

So I just got into a wolf tussle in Story mode, and tried to heal myself from the radial menu.

I had several Old Man's Beard bandages prepared, but they don't stop the bleeding.

So that's a waste. Those bandages are pretty much useless now. But perhaps I'm doing it wrong?

8 minutes ago, TWM said:

So I just got into a wolf tussle in Story mode, and tried to heal myself from the radial menu.

I had several Old Man's Beard bandages prepared, but they don't stop the bleeding.

So that's a waste. Those bandages are pretty much useless now. But perhaps I'm doing it wrong?

I believe I had the same issue! I thought maybe it was a glitch but I haven't tried it again since. 

4 minutes ago, Citizenfour said:

I believe I had the same issue! I thought maybe it was a glitch but I haven't tried it again since. 

I tried it two times in a row; I don't think it's a glitch. Unless

I'm overlooking something, the game doesn't seem to recognize the OMB-lichen bandage as a bandage anymore (at least as far as Story Mode is concerned; I haven't tried it on Sandbox yet).

15 minutes ago, TWM said:

I tried it two times in a row; I don't think it's a glitch. Unless

I'm overlooking something, the game doesn't seem to recognize the OMB-lichen bandage as a bandage anymore (at least as far as Story Mode is concerned; I haven't tried it on Sandbox yet).

I haven't tried it on sandbox either. I'm stuck at work at the moment but plan on loading it up tonight when I get home. I'll do some testing. 

When they updated the medical system recently, they glitched out the ability to have one thing treat two ailments.  So they nerfed the beard dressings to only treat the infection part of cuts, but not require a bandage part to craft.  So it balances.  Then they got an evil grin on their face and removed the interlocks that prevent using the wrong cure on an injury. :huntingknife:  So if you aren't paying much attention you can bandage your food poisoning or even disinfect a sprain (both do nothing but consume the items nonetheless). :wolf:

Good luck out there.

19 minutes ago, selfless said:

When they updated the medical system recently, they glitched out the ability to have one thing treat two ailments.  So they nerfed the beard dressings to only treat the infection part of cuts, but not require a bandage part to craft.

Ah, that explains a lot. Also explains why I had an excess of bandages. Wasn't paying much attention, I just assumed it worked like it did before: bandage + lichen = disinfectant bandage.

I guess not. Okay, that helps. I'll just craft some bandages then, and I'll be fine.

30 minutes ago, selfless said:

When they updated the medical system recently, they glitched out the ability to have one thing treat two ailments.  So they nerfed the beard dressings to only treat the infection part of cuts, but not require a bandage part to craft.  So it balances.  Then they got an evil grin on their face and removed the interlocks that prevent using the wrong cure on an injury. :huntingknife:  So if you aren't paying much attention you can bandage your food poisoning or even disinfect a sprain (both do nothing but consume the items nonetheless). :wolf:

Good luck out there.

Thanks for the clarification!!

Archived