Ship but small

AlexandraRussia

Hello , I have this idea arose , that the game is a huge number of fabrics and wood , there are also tools . what if the main character could build the ship a little . coHello , I have this idea arose , that the game is a huge number of fabrics and wood , there are also tools . what if the main character could build the ship a little . collect your stuff and get from the Islands to the mainland , like hundreds of years ago would be such navigationllect your stuff and get from the Islands to the mainland , like hundreds of years ago would be such navigation

Most of the water has frozen, as you can see, and the edges are thin and dangerous. A small ship, which is called boat, would not be safe to enter or leave. 
Additionally, only use you would have for a ship is in locations like Desolation point or Coastal highway, and both of those locations have open sea. If you sailed on an open sea in a small boat, you would be risking that the underwater currents carry you away from the shore to the open sea where you would quickly perish, because the temperature around cold water is much lower, you could not make a fire and apart from fishing, you would have no food, no land and most of all, no drinkable water since all around you would be a salt water.

There are fishermen who go out to sea in boats, sure. But it is somewhat risky and it would be an insane idea to attempt in Long Dark, especially since the weather in Long Dark can change so rapidly. 
Unless it was a decently sized fishing boat with sails (which is pretty much a "ship") I would not recommend attempting a trip on sea.

It would be, however, fricking cool if we could find a fishing boat in Coastal or Desolation point and could attempt sea fishing, but I find that unlikely because such ship would likely end up like the Rikken - trapped in the middle of thick ice, with the ice tearing a hole in its hull. But sea fishing sounds like it would be kind of fun.

Archived