Temperature ranges per map and difficulty level...

Thrasador

This isn't a wish for an addition to the game, this is a wish for information gathering.

I would love for one of our many in game data gatherers like @Drifter Man or @Timber Wolf or anyone else who feels up to it to gather some definitive temperature data.

I would love to know the average temperature on a good day and during a blizzard for each map on every difficulty level. I'd like those Temps for during the day and at night time preferably as close to the first day of a playthrough and after day 50.

The hardest to grab this type of information will obviously be on Interloper because you cannot pick which map you start on, and you don't start on any of the "easy maps."

It's probably easier for some people to report on after day 50 temperatures because many of you who are good at Interloper typically survive a long time, and you all may be on different maps.

I'm just curious to know this definitely, because firstly I cannot find this information anywhere. It's not on any of the wikis under general regional information. Secondly people throw around information in the forums and on the Internet like, "Coastal Highway is the warmest region..." and I'm wondering..."How do we know?" Has anyone checked this?

Once this is accomplished I'd like to see this information imported to the Wikis for all to see...

I can share you what I know, or what I think I know. I must say I wanted to do some meteorological observations myself because weather is one of the key aspects of the game. But it is difficult and time consuming and I've never done it properly.

• Minimum air temperature of the day is reached at daybreak, while the maximum temperature is reached 5.5 hours before sunset.
  • Between these points, temperature changes linearly - you can get the air temperature at any given time by linear interpolation between temperature at sunrise and afternoon temperature
  • Air temperature drops by 10°C during blizzards.
  • The baseline temperatures are about -25 to -35°C in the morning and about -5°C to -15°C in the afternoon. These temperatures decrease as world "decays". I haven't observed substantial differences in temperatures between regions but people often say that some regions are systematically warmer than others.
  • In Interloper, the average temperatures are constant for the first five days, then decrease linearly by 20°C on Day 50, then remain constant again.

Appreciate any assistance with it and thank you both.

If what @Drifter Man man said about not observing substantial differences between regions is true, then even debunking that myth about various regions being "warmer" would be significant.

That would also make a majority of my initial request for information moot. We would be down to temperatures at night and during the day for four difficulty levels at the beginning of a playthrough and anytime after 50 days...

That would be significantly easier I think...

14 hours ago, Thrasador said:

If what @Drifter Man man said about not observing substantial differences between regions is true, then even debunking that myth about various regions being "warmer" would be significant.

I'm not saying that the differences are a myth, just that they've never been large enough for me to notice them or take account of them in my gameplay.

I have observed that Mystery Lake is 2°C warmer than the Coastal Highway, and 5°C warmer than the Forlorn Muskeq (on Voyager), but if this is accurate info or not I cannot tell. But I do believe that Mystery Lake is the warmest of all the regions in general. But the differences in between individual regions are not that high, I don't think it differs much past the 5 degrees.

On 27/07/2017 at 6:17 PM, Mroz4k said:

I have observed that Mystery Lake is 2°C warmer than the Coastal Highway, and 5°C warmer than the Forlorn Muskeq (on Voyager), but if this is accurate info or not I cannot tell. But I do believe that Mystery Lake is the warmest of all the regions in general. But the differences in between individual regions are not that high, I don't think it differs much past the 5 degrees.

Yes, I wouldn't be surprised if there are small differences. I started gathering data but it will take forever.

Archived