Room lighting

AlexandraRussia

Really I wonder if the best way to approach this is to have a system for wax. Candles. Seriously, they might not be the easiest thing to find in the near arctic, but a candle providing light for a sustained period of time could help someone research or craft in the middle of the night. 

23 hours ago, Piers Arkan said:

Really I wonder if the best way to approach this is to have a system for wax. Candles. Seriously, they might not be the easiest thing to find in the near arctic, but a candle providing light for a sustained period of time could help someone research or craft in the middle of the night. 

Why not have them be like better torches, they don't provide much heat compared to a torch but they might last longer. I'd suggest that if candles were added that they would have the same light level as a match (maybe a little bit more) and would be a middle of the road light source. Also make them rare-ish so that they aren't over powered 

On 7/24/2017 at 6:38 AM, Piers Arkan said:

Really I wonder if the best way to approach this is to have a system for wax.

Animal fat (tallow) was used for candles for a long time before wax was.. much more readily available in-game, and it would allow us to craft our own.

Archived