Additon to the In-Game Journal

Cirtex

So. we are all familiar with the lovely journal. you can flip through it, write stuff down, and it tracks major things that happen each day, such as discovery of locations, Injuries. ect, ect... but what it doesn't save is the Notes you can make. nor dose it even save it's original format. it all gets reduced to a bunch of numbers.

I'm going to suggest that the ORIGINAL journal format also gets saved. allowing you to flip through the pages, read the notes you made on days. and have a detailed showing of what what happened to you and what you discovered every day.

of course the current format stays, but I'm suggesting that it saves the original format along side its current.

i once wrote a day to day journal depicting ever single detail of my journey. (the task: get to the peak of timber-wolf mountain, start at trappers cabin, effectively going from one end of the map to the next). i died half way through because i ran out of food. i wrote an amazing 3 paragraphs describing what was going on, how disappointed i was, of course, i was staying in character. making it all dramatic and accepting... but when i did die and clicked "save journal" then immediately went back to view it, i was honestly surprised to find out that, none of the hard literary work i had done was never saved. then i stopped playing TLD for like a month to cool down.

I hope to see some CNC in the chat

10 hours ago, Cirtex said:

I'm going to suggest that the ORIGINAL journal format also gets saved. allowing you to flip through the pages, read the notes you made on days. and have a detailed showing of what what happened to you and what you discovered every day.

This gets my vote.. it was a huge disappointment to learn that notes don't get saved with journals.

I do agree. I really enjoy creating a diary as well as writing fun facts down or moments. It is sad they are fully lost after you die. I did ask about this ad it seems it has been removed but i am not sure if thats for good or if it was a mistake or maybe the system is being improved. lets hope it might be brought back one day :)

I completely agree. The journal being reduced to just stats is startling.  Ever since that happened to me I stop using them.  Now maps have the same problem.  Hopefully the journal and maps can be saved with all the detail the players put into them.

Archived