Firestarter Badge STILL needs tuned

TROY

I've said before, I'll say it again. 

1000 Fires is retardedly ridiculous compared to the requirements for earning the other badges.

Ive LOOOOOOONG since gotten ALL the other badges, and still not even close to getting Firestarting. In the context of real time spent doing this, it would amount to nearly 13 hours of doing nothing but starting fire after fire after fire. And thats IF you never fail, and start every fire with just one stick and let it burn out. 

I cant fathom the reasoning behind this. Even if it was 500, its still going to be the last badge earned by 99.9% of players.  

LOOK at the Steam statistics for this game.  1% of people who have purchased this game have earned the 200 days survived award. On average, a player builds less than one fire per day, to survive. Earning the highest achievement in the game would net you about 18% of this badge in that playthrough, unless you intentionally lit fire after fire after fire.

I've been a Registered Maine Guide since I was 18. Thats nearly 30 years. Ive spent my whole life hunting/fishing/backpacking/canoeing/hiking.camping and I can start a fire with a shoelace and a stick and a rock in the pouring rain with 50km/hr winds. And I KNOW i've not lit more than 500 in my life. Give me a match, a scrap of birchbark and a half dry stick and I'll give you hot coffee in 8 minutes. ONE THOUSAND FIRES is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to many.

You guys REALLY need to reexamine this Badge.  The reward for it is also to much. The reward for this should be the 50% starting time that the skill gives. 

Its like all the other badges in the game are bronze level, and this one is triple platinum with gold frills and a presidential citation. The congressional medal of honor and 4 purple hearts and a silver star all rolled into one. While the others are basic training markmanship ribbons. Come on dudes. 

For the record I light around 10 fires a day to keep a lit brand on me when walking. 

Makes a great wolf deterent. When the brand starts to flicker I'll start another fire so I can get a new brand. 

The only time I don't do this is when it's too windy. 

Anyhow, at the rate I've been lighting fires I'm about 35% completed with my 1000 fires. 

And that's just over about two weeks of game time, playing an hour so a day I guess. More on the weekends of course.

Lighting 1000 fires might be a bit of a pain in the butt, but since I want to get the badge,  I'll do it. No problem.

Archived