Mr.Zim

I would really like the abbility to use a melee weapon of some kind, be it an :hatchet: or the rifle turned upside down and used as a club (would make the rifle cleaning kits more valuable) and have been thinking about a spear with the ability to catch a rabbit or deer sprinting infront of me while playing, this is kinda bugging me at the moment in the game. I would definently use the rifle as a club if I ran out of ammo in a survival situation. Also to this melee ad a skill, so when progressing to the highest level one would be able to stand with a big rock at the back and let a bear charge one self and put the spear down in just the right time to kill the bear like the old indians did. The spearhead being possible to craft from flint and at the forge (flint for fire and a big piece of flint for spear making).

This thread could be moved to general discussion also, I let the moderators decide. 

Any ideas on how to make this possible and positive/negative thoughts on this? 9_9

Personally, I've been asking for a spear ever since I got here, so you can extrapolate my opinion on those from that ;)

As for the rifle stock - never thought about that, but it'll be rather useless against wolves since they're rather short and "butt-stroking" (which really does sound more like an obscure kink than a CQC technique) is meant to fight off human-sized opponents with easily accessible bones. Whacking a wolf with a hatchet seems much more doable.

Wielding a hatchet while wrestling with a wolf would be difficult, as you need momentum and a swing to use it effectively. A spear as a 'keep away' weapon, when they charge, might be useful if you can injure them and drive them off without taking damage yourself. I do like the idea of planting the spear and goading the bear into charging, injuring them when they attack. Even if you still get mauled there's a chance you can kill them too, the same way fighting a wolf with a knife does. I don't know if realistically you should or shouldn't fight back, but it kind of bugs me that you just lay there and get mauled without at least trying to injure the bear.

I agree with pretty much everything here. I've heard that in real life bear attacks, you are supposed to fight against black bears with everything you have. I am similarly frustrated on lack of an option to stab or slash out at nearby prey. I think old hunting tactics would also be most useful. Good ideas all around.

Archived