Sandbox NPCs optional?

The Gentleman  Bastard

+1

I love the thought we'll eventually have NPCs, and it'll be all kinds of fun to interact with them. At the same time, though, I don't really want NPCs possibly mucking up what I've got going in my longest running sandbox. It would really suck to have an NPC spawned in my base, saying its theirs. 

Really good idea, and I would not want a NPC looting my hidestash while I'm out fishing for example, but when the NPC's are on, the only really safe stash could be the safe's around the world or a posibility to craft locks or finding keys.

On 2016-11-17 at 2:43 PM, heck said:

+1

I love the thought we'll eventually have NPCs, and it'll be all kinds of fun to interact with them. At the same time, though, I don't really want NPCs possibly mucking up what I've got going in my longest running sandbox. It would really suck to have an NPC spawned in my base, saying its theirs. 

You can probably make them optional if you're a decent shot with the rifle ;)

Cruel jokes aside, yeah, that seems like a good idea. Some players like them, some players don't. We already get to choose between four different experience modes, so a simple "NPC's yes no?" box to tick probably isn't too much to ask. Personally, I'd like to see some NPCs in my sandbox, but still, I can see the appeal of not having them there.

Archived