Morale and Favourite Objects/Items/Foods

Mikhail_Reign

I like your thoughts, @cekivi

As long as its not them saying straight up at random times "im happy(sad)" 

Maybe when morale is better we'll hear more positive remarks when bad stuff happens. i always found it confusing when Will says "I need first aid, soon." and five seconds later says, "smarts a bit, but ill make it" in a much more relaxed voice. 

So maybe when player has higher morale, they'll have a better outlook on whats happening to them and that is reflected by what dialogue they use

Also, to prevent new player confusion on why their character's are getting debuffed, maybe in the afflictions tab it will give an overview, or if you read the journal your character will have on there, "Today I feel great etc."

Any thoughts?

3 hours ago, MarrowStone said:

I like your thoughts, @cekivi

As long as its not them saying straight up at random times "im happy(sad)" 

Maybe when morale is better we'll hear more positive remarks when bad stuff happens. i always found it confusing when Will says "I need first aid, soon." and five seconds later says, "smarts a bit, but ill make it" in a much more relaxed voice. 

So maybe when player has higher morale, they'll have a better outlook on whats happening to them and that is reflected by what dialogue they use

Also, to prevent new player confusion on why their character's are getting debuffed, maybe in the afflictions tab it will give an overview, or if you read the journal your character will have on there, "Today I feel great etc."

Any thoughts?

That'd definitely be an interesting way to use the journal. Not to mention a low condition character saying things like "perhaps it's better to just give in" versus "I'm going to make it!" would add some atmosphere to the game.

I think the other key would be slow changes for morale and for "neutral" to be the natural state. In other words, morale will slowly return to zero as you play but your actions may influence morale both positively and negatively.

Archived