A Few Ideas

Vuko

First of all hello to everybody.

I love Long Dark and I have some suggestions regarding new content, don't know if anyone came up with that already but here there are.

1.Vacuum flask/thermos - In game when you make coffee/tea it's remain hot for couple of minutes (don't know exact time) but if this was added to the game it could weight like 0,5kg and hold up to 1/1,5 liter of hot coffe/tea/water and remain temperature of the drink for something like 4 hours depending on the exterior temperature and maybe condition of the equipment. And regarding the hot water it would be nice addition if you could make hot tea/coffee without making a fire in the middle of forest or something.

2.Flameless ration heater - Rare like MRE or better included in the MRE, could make hot food without fire, only thing you would need is water and some time, you would be able to put a tin of food or MRE in the heater and make hot meal. 

3.Chemical heating pad - small bag which you put in your boots, gloves etc. and it could give you temperature bonus in extreme conditions for some amount of time.

If there are some spelling mistakes i'm sorry and if I have some more ideas i will share them with everybody. 

Welcome to the forums!

3 hours ago, Vuko said:

1.Vacuum flask/thermos - In game when you make coffee/tea it's remain hot for couple of minutes (don't know exact time) but if this was added to the game it could weight like 0,5kg and hold up to 1/1,5 liter of hot coffe/tea/water and remain temperature of the drink for something like 4 hours depending on the exterior temperature and maybe condition of the equipment. And regarding the hot water it would be nice addition if you could make hot tea/coffee without making a fire in the middle of forest or something.

It's true what @alone sniper said - it's been suggested before, but I always say that it's never wrong to breathe fresh life into a discussion ;) Personally, I'm all for it! Hell, the game area is so tourist-y that there's no logical reason to not include them.

3 hours ago, Vuko said:

2.Flameless ration heater - Rare like MRE or better included in the MRE, could make hot food without fire, only thing you would need is water and some time, you would be able to put a tin of food or MRE in the heater and make hot meal. 

Canadian MRE's, known as the Individual Meal Pack or IMP do, indeed come with a flameless ration heater. Personally, I'd generally like to see MRE's rarer but more valuable - after all, they not only contain food but also matches, coffee and sports drinks.

3 hours ago, Vuko said:

3.Chemical heating pad - small bag which you put in your boots, gloves etc. and it could give you temperature bonus in extreme conditions for some amount of time.

Good idea - I actually have some of those and heat them up before I go out in the winter. They'd have to be rare though in order not to make them overpowered.

+1 from me.

Thermos has been requested a few times and I actually was one of those who suggested the heat pack before so good to see them brought up again.

As for the ration heater: It's a cool idea and fits well into the idea of revamping the MRE from a single food item into a proper "meal kit". Open a bag and you'd get some high gain foods and drinks that can be heated separately OR just give the base MRE thirst reduction and a self sustained "cooking" period when opened. And if you don't eat it all it'll just get cold. :)

Archived