Blizzards cause clothing wetness, not Condition Loss

MarrowStone

22 minutes ago, MarrowStone said:

I agree, we need some incentive to strategically place fresh clothing in our bases. Of course in the apocalypse you dont really need multiple sets of clothing, but it definitely is an advantage towards a player's well-being

I'd argue the opposite: the apocalypse is the best time to have extra clothing. If the set you're wearing is torn or wet you'd get hypothermic really fast without spare clothing. When I go ice fishing I always bring spare wool socks and gloves. Nothing is worse than cold wet feet or hands.

Also, a craftable drying rack or hanger would be nice. Clothes don't dry well if they're just laid on the floor. No air circulation means the part in contact with the cold floor will probably stay damp and may even start growing mildew.

People don't seem to realize that an "apocalypse" magnifies the needs of daily life, as opposed to lessening them.

You would think that personal hygiene takes the backseat in an apocalypse, but you would be incorrect. In your day-to-day life, you can probably go for a day/ a couple of days without bathing, but in an apocalypse, you want to clean yourself every day. You need to clean your clothing regularly: dirty clothing has lower insulative values. You need to change your socks every couple of hours. You need to clean and dry your boots. 

@cekivi @Boston123

Sorry I guess I worded it wrong. my bad.

I understand the importance of having fresh clothing in a survival situation, thats why I said itd be good to have an in game incentive to have some. 

When I said one doesnt need multiple sets I meant for immediate survival and suggested that multiple sets could work towards the well-being mechanic that might be implemented in the future. Good hygiene could translate to good mood in the game for simplicity. 

I have an army survival guide that specifically has a section on hygene and clothing. I understand its importance, especially for long term survival, for foot care, insulation and staying healthy. 

You can freeze-dry clothing. Ice evaporates.

I always interoperated clothing damage being from the sandblaster effect of high winds and tiny shards of ice.

The only things that stay wet in this game are bottles of water and slabs of meat.

I would need ten pairs of socks per day since my feet sweat at the mere sight of an insulated boot. 

Archived