The Hunted Part One: TimberWolf Mountain Survival

Timber Wolf

Greetings Everyone!

I have been following the development of The Long Dark since around the time the Coastal Highway map was added.  I was immediately drawn into the amazing beauty of the game world.  It was like gaming inside a scenic painting!

Like so many others who post on these forums, I found that after you master the game mechanics things get kind of boring real fast.  I didn’t find the challenge Interloper presents to be very much fun.  So, after coming across a post by Patrick suggesting that we could play The Hunted: Part One indefinitely, I decided to take the Old Bear on for as long as I could!   

I have survived more than 100 days on TWM with the Old Bear constantly hunting me.  What I have really been enjoying about this, is that every outdoor activity becomes a mission unto itself.  Even just going out to pick up a handful of sticks has become an exciting and scary experience.  My heart is frequently pounding and I can't tell you how many times I have just barely made it into the Mountaineer's Hut with the Old Bear taking a swipe at me (sometimes taking my clothing conditions down 15 - 20% but not actually hurting me).

This was the most fun I have had playing since my first days with the game.  I don't want to give anything away, because figuring out the Old Bear is very challenging and fun.  I would be happy to share what I have learned about the Old Bear's behavior and strategies to deal with his presence if people would like, maybe in a separate post.

So, if you are looking to try something a little different, then fire up a new game and pull yourself together in the basement and head straight for TWM!

I attached a picture of just another day in the neighborhood with the Old Bear.

Cheers!

screen_(889,_162,_345)_91d4019c-91bb-4d4c-ab90-b4849d3c5756.png

Hello @alone sniper !

I don't want to spoil anything, but the cargo containers will keep you going for quite a while.  And thank the gods any time a wolf kills a deer for you!

You will have no choice but to be bold and go out and get what you need.  At first it will seem like luck plays a huge role (and of course it will always be a factor), but the more time you spend with the bear the easier it will become to deal with him.  However, at no point can you ever be absolutely certain he will not show up and tear you into little pieces :)

4 minutes ago, Timber Wolf said:

Hello @alone sniper !

I don't want to spoil anything, but the cargo containers will keep you going for quite a while.  And thank the gods any time a wolf kills a deer for you!

You will have no choice but to be bold and go out and get what you need.  At first it will seem like luck plays a huge role (and of course it will always be a factor), but the more time you spend with the bear the easier it will become to deal with him.  However, at no point can you ever be absolutely certain he will not show up and tear you into little pieces :)

Well, thanks for info !!! ^_^ 

I may try it one day !!! 

Archived