interloper dissapointment

dbldrew

Its certainly challenging but i wouldn't say in a good way. I do love some things in the game like the lack of man made food. But there is just too much that is illogical and makes for irritating game play.

Now first off i want to say that I thought slayer was way to easy and i got bored around day 20 or so and would start over. I also asked of a much harder difficulty (although i asked for custom so each player could tweak the game based on personal preference)

Here is the problem the current state has seriously restricted exploration, this is a resource finding game and limiting the ability to explore does make it harder. but doesn't make it funner..

Wolves.. im sorry but wolves are just plain annoying. having to crouch walk at a snails pace is not a fun game mechanic. Make them so you can actually fight them, throw a hatchet or time a swing with a hatchet, hammer or even a branch would make a challenging but fun interaction with wolves.

Magic warm houses, seriously why? if you want to make it challenging this is the most obvious and logical.. make it so you have to heat the houses.

No knives and hatchets? Again why? yes it makes it harder but not exactly logical, so now im forced to travel to dp (a map i dont really like) forcing gameplay on disliked maps is not a good game mechanic.

Deer processing - no knives in any kitchen but the ability to harvest a 1/2 frozen deer with my hands?

Making hooks - i can make fishing hooks but not arrowheads and knives? seems illogical

It just seems like to make the game more challenging its getting more and more illogical to do so.

You already have to heat some of the shelters. Wolfes are great they keep the tention up, this is not an action game they've said it multiple times, the things that you ask would change the game completelly. Next game maybe they'll do an action game.

Forcing gameplay *is* a good game mechanic! Have you thought about what interloper would become with spawned tools?

All those "illogical" complains are not logical in the contest of a game. There's a clear reason if you can't make arrowheads etc.

On 11/10/2016 at 3:12 AM, dbldrew said:

the current state has seriously restricted exploration

No , it just made it harder.

On 11/10/2016 at 3:12 AM, dbldrew said:

im sorry but wolves are just plain annoying. having to crouch walk at a snails pace is not a fun game mechanic.

Try sprinting instead.

Archived