3 wish to add to this game

Frozen guy

Actually, there will be three things which could greatly improve the came :

- a spear, a basic weapon used since millenaries in the Wilderness which could throw on wildlife. Made with 1 stick  and break after one or twoo shot.

- Candles, to have a long-term light source. Using animal's fat  and gut on  a workbench ( the oil fish is the first welcomed-step in this way.

-  a conservation method for meat and fruit ( salt, "pasteurisation"...)

What do you think ?  

What would the benefit to spears be? If you could kill animals using a spear, and all you needed for a spear was a knife and a stick, I think that'd be a bit too strong. If spears are just used to keep them back, why not use a flare/brand/torch?

I'd really like candles added, I never use my lantern as a night-light to move things, read, etc., if candles were added I could see them being weaker than the lantern but lasting longer without needing to be refueled.

Salting meats would be a cool addition, but building an outside meat-locker or stringing up meat in trees would be preferred imo

I thing a spear is not ok since the devs have said multiple times, and you can see it in the game, that they don't and didn't want to make an action game or something like this.

The candles will come eventually I think, if you look at the road map you can see that they want to strenghten the relationship between player and shelters, they're working on something.

I would like to see a system where you can 'freeze' meat.  Put it outside and it eventually gets frozen just like an animal corpse.  Once frozen as long as it stays outside it ages even more slowly than it does today.  When it comes time to cook though it becomes a two-step process....thaw then cook.

• 2 weeks later...

Exactly, keeping raw meat outside helps conservation a lot, but it doesn't freeze though. Should be the same like with animal carcasses.

And I pray for candles! So inefficient to use lantern when I only want to fix my old pants in the middle of the night.

Archived