Different variety of weapons and animals

Ovation

I was wanting a different verity of weapons maybe like a side arm for small game and or shotgun and ammo for the side arm is more plentiful and shotgun and rifle ammo is less abundant and on the animal side I really don't know what wild life lives in northern Canada but maybe squirles and different birds like geese you know something a little different then just the average deer rabbit bears and wolves

Check out the Sandbox Mode Feature & Content Roadmap: it will tell you not only what the Developers are planning to put into The Long Dark, but also how soon they hope they can release it.  For example:

• NEAR TERM (1-6 Month Window)
    • Moose
    • Cougar
    • Axe (tool)
    • Revolver
  • MEDIUM TERM (6-12 Month Window)
    • Grizzly Bear
    • Wolfpack behavior
    • Wildlife interactions (ex. Wolves vs. Bears)
    • Gunsmithing & ammunition crafting

Also, check out the picture that I found on this thread a month or two back:

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 0:03 PM, miah999 said:

For those who don't use twitter..

Cph0HP5UsAA4lUO.jpg

I would love to see more wildlife too: owls, arctic foxes, lemmings, snow sheeps, musk oxen with more interactions between them, like owls and snow foxes hunt lemmings etc. With more types of birdts introduced you can look for eggs in nests too. And also richer plants like blueberry, cowberry (at least when they add spring in the future). Really looking forward to these extensions!

16 minutes ago, Wormer said:

I would love to see more wildlife too: owls, arctic foxes, lemmings, snow sheeps, musk oxen with more interactions between them, like owls and snow foxes hunt lemmings etc. With more types of birdts introduced you can look for eggs in nests too. And also richer plants like blueberry, cowberry (at least when they add spring in the future). Really looking forward to these extensions!

The possibility to search for nests containing eggs would be pretty cool. I am all for more of this, not to add more food to the game, but to have more diversity.

Archived