Flint Knapping

Joelle Emmily

Flint knapping is a hard skill to learn, but the right stones to knap with are abundant in Canada, and throughout the world, and practicing to perfect an arrow head, or a simple knife, is relatively easy. One can give themselves minor injury when first learning, and the blades and so forth are not terribly durable, but knapping would give one an unlimited supply of tools.

Hmmm... I'd say now that the Interloper difficulty had been added where actual tools are really rare a "none forge based tool crafting" system SHOULD be added or our most brutal mode would basically get limited to DP if we wanted to make any of our own tools.

@Wastelander So yeah I'd say this thread SHOULD go right this time. :)

Just now, Gaboris said:

Hmmm... I'd say now that the Interloper difficulty had been added where actual tools are really rare a "none forge based tool crafting" system SHOULD be added or our most brutal mode would basically get limited to DP if we wanted to make any of our own tools.

@Wastelander So yeah I'd say this thread SHOULD go right this time. :)

I was referencing the, uh, passionate discussion in the last thread about this topic :D you're right though, now we do have an actual need and place in gameplay for this

1 hour ago, Boston123 said:

Ugh

People like stone tools just make your peace with it already ;)

+1 from me to stone tools Although I'll stress again it should be implemented carefully so as not to brake the game. Because especially with the last update TLD has the best resource mechanic than any survival game I've ever played. 

Archived