Warm Up Exercises

vancopower

If the world is colder maybe it is time for the survivor to get warmer.

Why not introduce a warm up Exercise system: Simple exercises like push ups, jumping jacks and so on. 

Of course you will have to find shelter first,you can not do this everywhere. Also if you are injured you can't do exercises as well.

The bonus should be temporary and the drawback will be the survivor would become more thirsty but get warmed up bonus which will last for a while increasing the temp by 5 degrees or 10 at max if the survivor works out for more than 2 hours.

P.S. We can do this instead of just passing time Playing card ;)

Hmmm... IF we add this to say the list of planned activities to do besides "pass time" and if it would have an extra cost attributed to it compared to sitting, reading or just playing with cards then I'm all in!

Yeah I'd say all activities could have small bonuses and costs at times. Sitting or laying on the bed is less energy demanding, playing cards reduces cabin fever/raises morale(whichever it fits better) and so does books, but they have a finite use(Let's keep it in game so you can't learn new stuff or enjoy the same story by reading a book twice.) and exercise costs extra energy, but gives warmth bonus. COOL! :D

4 minutes ago, Gaboris said:

Hmmm... IF we add this to say the list of planned activities to do besides "pass time" and if it would have an extra cost attributed to it compared to sitting, reading or just playing with cards then I'm all in!

Yeah I'd say all activities could have small bonuses and costs at times. Sitting or laying on the bed is less energy demanding, playing cards reduces cabin fever/raises morale(whichever it fits better) and so does books, but they have a finite use(Let's keep it in game so you can't learn new stuff or enjoy the same story by reading a book twice.) and exercise costs extra energy, but gives warmth bonus. COOL! :D

Yes even better idea instead of just passing time, there should be more activities. I once noticed a topic about whittling. Making small figures out of wood this could have impact on morale later on when they add the system.

On 23.9.2016 at 6:19 PM, Dirmagnos said:

Judging by how fast player loses energy by simply walking from place to place, 2 hours of exercise will completely tank his tiredness meter. And warmth boost would last for maybe 2 minutes real time due to accelerated time in the game.

Well it is one thing to run through piles of snow, outside and another thing to work out in a safe warm place and yes fatigue should play a factor if you are tired you should not be able to work out. 

It's odd that you can be so fatigued you can't run any more...but you can chop wood for an hour.  Or that you can get so cold while chopping wood.  

I like the idea that I sense is at the heart of this.  Doing strenuous activity 1. burns calories faster 2. warms you up 3. Fatigues you.  4. Risks you breaking into a sweat, and your cloths getting damp, then when you stop either because fatigue or you are done, you are now at risk.

I do understand they are bringing 'wet' into the world of TLD.

I'd hope they re-look at some of these activities.  Doing jumping jacks, chopping wood, etc, they should generate extra body heat and fatigue.  Same with running.  If you are really cold push your pace from walk to run, it should warm you up some, but you can't run forever because of fatigue bar as well as generally making you tired.

5 hours ago, akodo1 said:

It's odd that you can be so fatigued you can't run any more...but you can chop wood for an hour.  Or that you can get so cold while chopping wood.  

I like the idea that I sense is at the heart of this.  Doing strenuous activity 1. burns calories faster 2. warms you up 3. Fatigues you.  4. Risks you breaking into a sweat, and your cloths getting damp, then when you stop either because fatigue or you are done, you are now at risk.

I do understand they are bringing 'wet' into the world of TLD.

I'd hope they re-look at some of these activities.  Doing jumping jacks, chopping wood, etc, they should generate extra body heat and fatigue.  Same with running.  If you are really cold push your pace from walk to run, it should warm you up some, but you can't run forever because of fatigue bar as well as generally making you tired.

Do you mean like wet clothes. Because they have been in TLD for a long time now. However you would only get the condition when you walk on thin ice and fall through, which not many people do because they stick to the path.

If so  then I support your suggestion +1  For clothes getting wet from activities like work out, chop wood, etc...  

Archived