Better item placement

Thurman Merman

I realize this is not a high priority. :D

But, I wish I could hang things on the racks to the left (like jerky and candy bars (or even tools)) and place things on the top shelves to the far left and right in the photo below.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=752223461

I'm thinking of folding my 150ish day Stalker run and restarting in CH until these racks spawn pretty full, at which point, I'll never touch them.  My guy has clearly gone crazy because this emptiness is really starting to bug him.

It'd be nice, but given that placing two things next to each other on a table is currently such a fiddly mess of faffing around with minutely precise mouse-control and side-stepping, I don't hold out much hope of something that's even more complicated.

I really, really want the RMB item placement system to be made more usable and user-friendly - it's so irritating in its current form!

I guess it's a minor detail, but if we could arrange our possessions around our chosen home so that it we could make it look and feel lived-in, it would add a lot of atmosphere and immersion, I think. It's just too bloody awkward and time-consuming with the current system and consequently I rarely bother any more - just bunging everything in cupboards and lockers is so much easier and less stressful, but it lacks and certain charm!

1 hour ago, Pillock said:

I really, really want the RMB item placement system to be made more usable and user-friendly - it's so irritating in its current form!

I guess it's a minor detail, but if we could arrange our possessions around our chosen home so that it we could make it look and feel lived-in, it would add a lot of atmosphere and immersion, I think. It's just too bloody awkward and time-consuming with the current system and consequently I rarely bother any more - just bunging everything in cupboards and lockers is so much easier and less stressful, but it lacks and certain charm!

What else is my survivor gonna spend the rest of his life doing?  He's already denuded the map of all loot.  Now, he's just trying to make things pretty.  However, another reason I may quit is that I stepped outside and got bloodied by a wolf - since there were 3 more visible, I went back inside to bandage and got blood all over that room - I don't think it will ever go away will it? 

I actually wish we could place certain items (e.g. cans of soda or food) on top of each other. Not too many at once ofc. (tomato soup tower, anyone?:silly:), but two or three rows of cans would be great.  The same is true for clothes. I just find it a bit immersion breaking that I need 2 square meters to place a set of reserve clothes.

20 minutes ago, Scyzara said:

I actually wish we could place certain items (e.g. cans of soda or food) on top of each other. Not too many at once ofc. (tomato soup tower, anyone?:silly:), but two or three rows of cans would be great.  The same is true for clothes. I just find it a bit immersion breaking that I need 2 square meters to place a set of reserve clothes.

Exactly, per Pillock's wolfskin rug comment:  I could try and cover the blood with wolfskins, but I'd have to drop one, then sidestep, then drop another, etc.  Because I can't stack them.  Which is a shame, since I have around 55 of them - I could do wall-to-wall carpet.

3 hours ago, Thurman Merman said:

Exactly, per Pillock's wolfskin rug comment:  I could try and cover the blood with wolfskins, but I'd have to drop one, then sidestep, then drop another, etc.  Because I can't stack them.  Which is a shame, since I have around 55 of them - I could do wall-to-wall carpet.

I'm sure you know this, but deer skins seem to be exempt from the "nothing must touch anything else or even come within about 8 inches of it except at the exact correct angle and position" rule.

Just bung them down all over each other.

1 hour ago, Pillock said:

I'm sure you know this, but deer skins seem to be exempt from the "nothing must touch anything else or even come within about 8 inches of it except at the exact correct angle and position" rule.

Just bung them down all over each other.

I did not know that.  But, deer skins aren't as pretty (I'd rather use bear - but I only have 2 right now); and, more importantly, that wolf must have hit an artery- there's blood all over the checkout counter, too.

That's a lot of coffee there, I'm jealous :D

But yeah, I'd really like to use these racks as well.

2 hours ago, Pillock said:

Or if it's sprayed up the side I guess you could go and get bloody again and add to it, maybe try to create some sort of mural artwork on the wall?

Y'know, if you posted this anywhere but these forums, people would have gotten concerned :D 

Archived