Wolves insta-kill deer

MarrowStone

Some deer species both the male and females have antlers. I'm not familiar with the west cost species so I don't know if that's true there :winky:

And a wolf/deer struggle would be really interesting to see in the game. Usually the animal has to be dragged down by the wolf so it can strangle it before eating. You're right that a single lunge probably wouldn't do the trick.

1 hour ago, Dirmagnos said:

Wolves fail majority of times when they chase deer, but not because they cant bring it down, but because they cant catch it. If wolf gets to "jump" deer, it usually brings one down. And in game wolves sometimes fail to catch one.

I just get perplexed when the deer just flops over when the wolf pounces. After if flops there should at least be some struggle animation or something

14 hours ago, MarrowStone said:

I just get perplexed when the deer just flops over when the wolf pounces. After if flops there should at least be some struggle animation or something

Well, a lot of things in game are just templates, like corpses. Maybe appropriate animations will be added later.

On 8/11/2016 at 2:21 PM, cekivi said:

Some deer species both the male and females have antlers. I'm not familiar with the west cost species so I don't know if that's true there :winky:

Female caribou have antlers, though they are quite small compared to the males.  other than that female deer only rarely have antlers.

Here's a good website to learn about BC wildlife :) http://ibis.geog.ubc.ca/biodiversity/efauna/

I agree that an improved wolf/deer struggle would be a good thing.

Yeah.. I really wish deer had a 50% chance to outrun and escape  wolves in general.  That would also make it a bit more difficult/less efficient to use wolves to hunt deer for you.

A throat jumping animation for wolves that manage to catch a deer would of course be nice as well. :winky:

Yeah, i agree.

If the chase between the two lasted longer itd also make it harder to use the scavenger technique. And a blood trail after previous lunges would allow us to track it when we need to scavenge.

Also i understand that everything right now is just a placeholder, im totally fine whether they add this or not.

Archived