The Forgotten Skills

vancopower

First I would like to say the new skill system is great, love it. However why ware some skills left out? Sharpening, Repair I'm not sure about cleaning skill they are all just like before. It is confusing instead of one skill system we have two. 

I hope that these forgotten skills will enter the new skill system in the next update. Also I would like to point out that the benefits that you get from the new system are kind of lame, especially starting fire without tinder Why? why would anyone do that when there is plenty of tinder to be found. And another thing: feats system should be limited to voyager LVL. Because I think that all the people who play stalker are looking for more realism and do not want extra bonuses. 

I would like to see some cool skill perks like

fire-making skill final LVL: You know understand how combustion works and what materials you need to start a fire REWARD: you can make bow and drill which will add +10 to your fire starting skill.

Another one: REPAIR SKILL final LVL :You repaired so many things nothing is worthless to you REWARD:  You can repair ruined items to 20%  but with extra material.

Yet Another one:  FIGHTING SKILL final LVL: You Fought so many wolves you lost count. REWARD: instead of clicking the wolf gets one shot at you and it is immediately  repelled  limping away just like you clicked all the way (might be too powerful unless it takes a long time to reach final lvl )

I agree on you about the Feats skill, I hope they disable the bonuses at least on Stalker, or maybe if they affect only the session I'm playing. Like if my character would be having more endurance the more he travels or sprints to be more realistic, but it should affect only that session (therefore they'd have to be reduced, because I don't believe people would walk 1000km in a single game) - Or maybe even have a bonus like I said but separated from the feats (feats should be only achievements).

I really like the idea of certain crafting options or player actions being blocked until you've built up your skill level or researched a relevant book.

For example, I don't think our character should know at all how to make improvised bows and arrows or forge metal tools right from the start. You should need to read up on it first, and even then your early attempts should result in poor-quality end-products until you've build up your skill level in that area. It could be so that your first attempt gets you a product has condition locked at a maximum of 30% (or something), but future attempts as your skill rises allow you to make better ones. The same goes for animal-skin clothes, I think - early attempts aren't as good as manufactured clothes, but later on you prefect them to give yourself more advantage from your experience as a survivor.

I think this would give the skills and crafting progression much more longevity and depth.

8 hours ago, Pillock said:

I really like the idea of certain crafting options or player actions being blocked until you've built up your skill level or researched a relevant book.

For example, I don't think our character should know at all how to make improvised bows and arrows or forge metal tools right from the start. You should need to read up on it first, and even then your early attempts should result in poor-quality end-products until you've build up your skill level in that area. It could be so that your first attempt gets you a product has condition locked at a maximum of 30% (or something), but future attempts as your skill rises allow you to make better ones. The same goes for animal-skin clothes, I think - early attempts aren't as good as manufactured clothes, but later on you prefect them to give yourself more advantage from your experience as a survivor.

I think this would give the skills and crafting progression much more longevity and depth.

Yes yes especially for forging at first the survivor would craft crude tools then, refined tools and at the end quality tools (not the item in the game but overall: arrows, blades etc.. )

Archived