Every tool and weapon I want in this game that isn't in this game.(yet!)

Docterrok

Again, some ideas I like more than others, for example, I am not a fan of the knife duct taped to stick idea, because of how op it would be, but this is a discussion so anything goes. Tell me your thoughts or what you'd like added. Thanks! :D

reminder, they are just images, not descriptions.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

18 hours ago, Docterrok said:

No Molotov cocktails! That would not work in snow! :D

Ironically, the snow is where they got their name - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winter_War

As for the others - the revolver is on the roadmap, so you can expect that one in the coming months ;) the icepick (?) looks cool, but what are we gonna use it for aside from opening ice holes? Climbing maybe? As for bottles... I can only see them being useful in distracting NPCs, and quite frankly, it'd be much easier to program throwing a little bit of ice or frozen snow. Much more economical for Hinterland, if such a distraction mechanic (which is pretty unrealistic in the first place) is implemented anyway.

1 minute ago, Wastelander said:

Ironically, the snow is where they got their name - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winter_War

As for the others - the revolver is on the roadmap, so you can expect that one in the coming months ;) the icepick (?) looks cool, but what are we gonna use it for aside from opening ice holes? Climbing maybe? As for bottles... I can only see them being useful in distracting NPCs, and quite frankly, it'd be much easier to program throwing a little bit of ice or frozen snow. Much more economical for Hinterland, if such a distraction mechanic (which is pretty unrealistic in the first place) is implemented anyway.

and bear trap??

1 minute ago, Wastelander said:

These would actually have a valid point in the game as one of the few things that can bring down a bear (or anything else, really), so I'd like them, but I'd like them to be rare.

2 per sandbox. and only repair with heavy hammer.

Just now, Wastelander said:

Sounds like a good idea. Should also need a specific repair skill (80+, which isn't much considering with how much we start) and scrap metal. Also, it's just as dangerous to the player as it is to the wildlife of course... :D 

Amputation ?? 

condition at 5%. need 5 bandage and you can't move for 24 hour. (we know that Amputation can kill without special medical treatment)

Amputation in the TLD-setting is a death sentence. It's not a 'can' but a 'will' when it comes to killing.

I'd make it so that when it hits the player it 'coincidentally' doesn't completely close - heavy bleeding, a good 30% condition loss, but no instant death. Might seem a little forced, but people would complain about an instant-death-trap even more.

5 minutes ago, Wastelander said:

Amputation in the TLD-setting is a death sentence. It's not a 'can' but a 'will' when it comes to killing.

I'd make it so that when it hits the player it 'coincidentally' doesn't completely close - heavy bleeding, a good 30% condition loss, but no instant death. Might seem a little forced, but people would complain about an instant-death-trap even more.

agree!

Archived