Tree house/fort

PlayDiscGolf

For levels with little to no shelters, I thought a tree fort could be made to protect you from the elements and from aggressive animals, elevating you off the ground enough from harm's way. It might require the ability to climb however, but the rope could be used from accessing the structure and would make for a great tree stand for hunting, as well. 

3 hours ago, PlayDiscGolf said:

For levels with little to no shelters, I thought a tree fort could be made to protect you from the elements and from aggressive animals, elevating you off the ground enough from harm's way. It might require the ability to climb however, but the rope could be used from accessing the structure and would make for a great tree stand for hunting, as well. 

How would you imagine the "risk/reward" of this idea playing out? Could the structure have a small chance of collapsing and dealing major trauma and/or death? Or would that be too harsh? 

I think there should be a "risk/reward" system in place i.e. Pros: elevated from possible dangers (bears/wolves/other aggressive animals as they're introduced) along with a tree stand for hunting deer and other passive animals, but on the other hand; Cons: an extreme  blizzard could knock you down and possibly sustain an injury from the fall. Also, being in the trees, wind may be blocked or more intense if the leaves/branches aren't thick enough for cover. After nearlya year of camping in the area, a tree top village like in Return of the Jedi or Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves could be assembled with proper care and attention to detail. Which may help to decrease the need for relying on sleeping inside (Cabin Fever)... throw me your feed back guys, I love this game and have a multitude of different ideas!

2 hours ago, PlayDiscGolf said:

I think there should be a "risk/reward" system in place i.e. Pros: elevated from possible dangers (bears/wolves/other aggressive animals as they're introduced) along with a tree stand for hunting deer and other passive animals, but on the other hand; Cons: an extreme  blizzard could knock you down and possibly sustain an injury from the fall. Also, being in the trees, wind may be blocked or more intense if the leaves/branches aren't thick enough for cover. After nearlya year of camping in the area, a tree top village like in Return of the Jedi or Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves could be assembled with proper care and attention to detail. Which may help to decrease the need for relying on sleeping inside (Cabin Fever)... throw me your feed back guys, I love this game and have a multitude of different ideas!

Why would you need a village for one person?

I don't think I would ever take the time (or risk) to build in the trees. The skill involved to make it sturdy, the chance of falling. It seems too over complicated. Whats wrong with building a home on the ground. Gather wood when they add a ax into the game, make nails in the furnace, maybe the ability to carry furniture from other houses or build your own from furs. Just a way to keep you occupied when you have an excess of time.

Well, since most of the maps already have ground blinds built by hunters a few tree stands aren't unreasonable to include. I agree that building a house or a fort likely isn't worth the effort though. The energy required to do so (especially alone) would not be worth it.

13 hours ago, Patrick Carlson said:

How would you imagine the "risk/reward" of this idea playing out? Could the structure have a small chance of collapsing and dealing major trauma and/or death? Or would that be too harsh? 

Death would be too hard, injuries would be OK.

Archived