Duct tape

Docterrok

1 hour ago, nicko said:

yeh but what are we going to use duct tape for and will it nurf other crafting elements in the game? I would rather use natural resources where possible.

I think in-game use should be limited to what any random person you can meet on the road can do with it - seal containers (I'd love breakable water bottles!), assist bandages, maybe make some rope.

will it add to the game though? duct tape so you have a hole in your boot / footwear? when the same thing can be done already using leather or hide in game already.

Also I love duct tape as in real life usage but just can't see it being a fun in game usage can you?

6 minutes ago, nicko said:

will it add to the game though? duct tape so you have a hole in your boot / footwear? when the same thing can be done already using leather or hide in game already.

Also I love duct tape as in real life usage but just can't see it being a fun in game usage can you?

Well, this is what we're trying to explore here. You're right that, as of right now, it has no place in the game. However, with other additions it could have one - spears are discussed a lot, and while I am still a fan of the simple approach (sharpen a stick and harden it with fire), duct tape could be a vital crafting equipment in making spears with actual knife blades.

2 minutes ago, nicko said:

I would rather see cordage or twine. duct tape just doesn't fit into this game!

Cordage would certainly work better, I guess - does a lot of the things (but not all!) duct tape does but the community won't ask for additional functions all the time. I like it!

Archived