Walk the plank

Dirmagnos

When crossing narrow high paths, like log or broken train tacks in Ravine, player could suddenly stop and start balancing, like hes losing his footing. Just shake screen left and right, without any actual chance to fall. Some salty comment by player avatar would be nice, but i doubt that anything good can be put in due to game rating. 8)

Check for it to happen could be performed per each step, so that player wont know when it will happen if at all.

Im acrophobic and every time i cross those things, no matter how many times i did it be4, it scares the shit out of me.

8 hours ago, Dirmagnos said:

When crossing narrow high paths, like log or broken train tacks in Ravine, player could suddenly stop and start balancing, like hes losing his footing. Just shake screen left and right, without any actual chance to fall. Some salty comment by player avatar would be nice, but i doubt that anything good can be put in due to game rating. 8)

Check for it to happen could be performed per each step, so that player wont know when it will happen if at all.

Im acrophobic and every time i cross those things, no matter how many times i did it be4, it scares the shit out of me.

I am deathly afraid of heights and your idea actually made me shiver for a moment - this makes this a good idea in my book! And as you said, it shouldn't be instant death, more of a reminder "You're doing something incredibly, stupidly, breakyourbonesy dangerous right now!"

As for salty or snarky comments, they can still be made without any swear words that would break the rating. Just a simple "Okay, don't look down, don't look down - ah, damn, I looked down, screw this." or "This doesn't seem like a good id--- oh SNAP this is high!" would suffice.

17 hours ago, Wastelander said:

As for salty or snarky comments, they can still be made without any swear words that would break the rating. Just a simple "Okay, don't look down, don't look down - ah, damn, I looked down, screw this." or "This doesn't seem like a good id--- oh SNAP this is high!" would suffice.

I didnt mean a whole monologue, more something short along the lines of "Ohhhh, crap." or "Thats one deep hole."

3 minutes ago, Dirmagnos said:

I didnt mean a whole monologue, more something short along the lines of "Ohhhh, crap." or "Thats one deep hole."

Yeah, that could still work. "Crap" isn't exactly a very strong swear word, so I think Hinterland might be getting away with this.

regarding the swear words, i've personally never heard "damn" and especially not "goddamn" in any rated T game. i was once playing this game around my parents in a hotel room, and when my guy said "i'm goddamn freezing!" that got me a few dirty looks from them that day xD

1 minute ago, Tbone555 said:

regarding the swear words, i've personally never heard "damn" and especially not "goddamn" in any rated T game. i was once playing this game around my parents in a hotel room, and when my guy said "i'm goddamn freezing!" that got me a few dirty looks from them that day xD

Guess that's different from culture to culture. "Verdammt!", our version of "damn" is pretty tame here. And compared to us, the Finns swear even more.

34 minutes ago, Wastelander said:

Yeah, that could still work. "Crap" isn't exactly a very strong swear word, so I think Hinterland might be getting away with this.

Idially it would me more realistic, like "This fking weather and this fking plane that just couldnt keep its ass in the skyes... and fck my ass that i actually cant feel anymore because of this stupid cold. Im so tired of this all bullshit, with all those dumbass wolves and smelly rabbits. Now this stupid log that will probably be the end of me. But screw it, i wont go that easy into the night, and all those bears, wolves and deers can suck my, also frozen... AAAAHHHHHhhhhhhh........" 8)

1 hour ago, Dirmagnos said:

you do know he/she says "SHIT! THAT BURNS!" or "SHIT! THAT'S HOT" when you step into a fire, right?

Archived