We need wolf hats and Rabbit socks.

simarson

Now I'm one for loving craftable animal skins as much as the next guy, but what's the trade off?

With those two additions you would be able to walk through almost any conditions and be unscathed when combined with the other craftable options.  Is that something we're ok with in terms of game balance?

I always did think we should be able to make some animal skin hat and underwear, but will the heavy weight trade off be enough of a burden to balance the game?

How about the wolf hat and rabbit socks just have increased durability, but about the same warmth as the high end cloths (although rabbit fur is insanely warm). Also the wolf hat can add to the "mistaken-for-a-wolf" stat the wolf jacket is supposed to add.

I feel like I  keep repeating this idea (I've answered similar to many other post) but to balance this, I think  we need less animals. They need to be fewer of them, give us way more meat (and put calories in it correctly), they shouldn't hang up in always the same place nor be so easily seen and because actually finding them it's hard crafting all the clothes is a big deal. There shouldn't be so many wolves, but at the same time they should be very dangerous, compared to what they are right now, their damage should last. So crafting the wolf coat, let alone the bear bedroll, is a really good achievement. Right now you can get coats quite easily if you have experience. 

20 minutes ago, sierra 117 said:

well seeing as I have enough rabbitskins to carpet a room, a bedroll could work,

Or I would really love a craftable wolf and rabbitskin tent, :D

Oooo I like that, not as warm as the bear bed roll, and no animal protection, but better than the default bed roll

Archived