Any chance (soon) for more display options?

sk2k

I'm a bit dissapointed with the performance on my system and the lack of configurable graphic settings is frustrating. The presets are not good enough, some are too heavy on the system and the other ones are ugly. :(

I want to tune the settings to make it more playable, so options for AF, AA, AO, Blur, Bloom, etc. would be nice.

I think i regret my purchase. :( No answer to my question on the Steam forum and also no answer here, on the official forum.

You didn't even ask a question, so I'm a bit lost what was to be answered. You simply commented your system wasn't very powerful, but your wanted settings and controls to make your system more powerful (or at least still recreate the graphics that more powerful systems have). You never mentioned any specs you have, specific issues, or any other details -- just features that you want added.

I can move this thread to the Wish List section if you would like -- that's where most of the feedback and requests are being analyzed, but I don't know what kind of priority would be available to consider adding in a number of options [though perhaps the devs have it on THE LIST of items ahead already -- I don't' know].

The game is still in alpha, and they are looking at ways to improve the performances ahead, but again the feedback should go in that alpha tester wish list section. This section is more for casual or general discussions rather than version specific issues.

Let me know if you would like the thread moved to the alpha section, and I'll shift it over to that area.

I think i regret my purchase. :( No answer to my question on the Steam forum and also no answer here, on the official forum.

You didn't even ask a question, so I'm a bit lost what was to be answered. You simply commented your system wasn't very powerful, but your wanted settings and controls to make your system more powerful (or at least still recreate the graphics that more powerful systems have). You never mentioned any specs you have, specific issues, or any other details -- just features that you want added.

I can move this thread to the Wish List section if you would like -- that's where most of the feedback and requests are being analyzed, but I don't know what kind of priority would be available to consider adding in a number of options [though perhaps the devs have it on THE LIST of items ahead already -- I don't' know].

The game is still in alpha, and they are looking at ways to improve the performances ahead, but again the feedback should go in that alpha tester wish list section. This section is more for casual or general discussions rather than version specific issues.

Let me know if you would like the thread moved to the alpha section, and I'll shift it over to that area.

Ok, i should have worded it differently but English is not my first language. The question is, will the game get more advanced display options? Currently there is no way to disable specific options, like bloom or vsync. The presets are not good enough to get a optimal balance between speed and quality on low- or mid-range systems.

Please move the thread to the correct place. Thanks. :)

• 4 months later...
@ sk2k: he has low to mid specs pc but asking for AA AO BLOOM is for high end pc. sk2k set your longdark option all to low problem will solved! ok!

Did you even read my first post? All i want are configurable graphic options, so i can set them to my liking and to my PC specs. Low looks ugly as hell.

Take a look at The Talos Principle. It has graphic options for everyone. :) I do not need that many, some of them would be nice to have in TLD.

Thanks.

Erm,

although I agree slightly one should have more options in the gfx department.

I am not sure you are going to get what you want if they actually expose it.

there is an art-direction or aesthetics in this game which is awesome, but it's not 7256272562bits high res textures like HL25

Erm,

although I agree slightly one should have more options in the gfx department.

I am not sure you are going to get what you want if they actually expose it.

there is an art-direction or aesthetics in this game which is awesome, but it's not 7256272562bits high res textures like HL25

No, but a custom graphics setting would allow you to take the textures that you get on ultra with the lighting, AA and filtering settings that you get on low, resulting in better graphics than low and better performance than ultra... That's what the OP is talking about.

Archived