Throwing flares gone??

RaZ0R

I understand throwing flares has been removed and it now only brandish..

I think both should be available depending on the situation in maintaining advantage in a close proximity encounter with a wolf.

yea I agree. I would like to see throwable flares reinstated. Not to scare wolves. But simply to save flares.

I will give an example.

a while back I was playing on TWM, I was nearing the last rope descent on my way home when a wolf began chasing me so I had to pop a flare to keep it at bay, approaching the edge I had to think fast there may be more wolves at the bottom and this one flare could get m e safely home so before grabbing rope I threw it over the edge and picked it back up at the bottom and sure as fate another wolf awaited just around the corner. But I got home on that one flare.

anyway my point is in that same situation I would now have to use 2x flares.

5 hours ago, sierra 117 said:

yea I agree. I would like to see throwable flares reinstated. Not to scare wolves. But simply to save flares.

I will give an example.

a while back I was playing on TWM, I was nearing the last rope descent on my way home when a wolf began chasing me so I had to pop a flare to keep it at bay, approaching the edge I had to think fast there may be more wolves at the bottom and this one flare could get m e safely home so before grabbing rope I threw it over the edge and picked it back up at the bottom and sure as fate another wolf awaited just around the corner. But I got home on that one flare.

Even throw 3 flares at a pack surrounding you, be on the run from a wolf and throw a flare at him while you run, I am hoping they will integrate advanced use of this prospect with the new wolf AI on the way. 

On 2016-06-13 at 3:13 AM, sierra 117 said:

I will give an example.

You'd think at the very least you could tie the flare to your bag...

But yes, I've run into this annoyance myself. It's OK with brands but much more annoying with torches or flares.

Archived